Shoulder pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about two weeks ago I had a pretty nasty fall and injured the shoulder which was stiff and inflamed for the first two weeks. Now most of my mobility is back at least lifting my arm forward and sideways can't go back without sharp pain and can't lift anything heavy at all without pain, but water bottles,etc.. the light stuff doesn't bother it yet. Plus can't jump or even Walk down stairs without my arm popping and feels like it is flopping with each step. Despite this the arm most of the time doesn't hurt hardly at all as long as I avoid the afore mentioned things other than usually have tight muscles on the outer arm always and sometimes on the other areas. Three days ago got an mri results back which he recommended surgery as according too the results almost have completely torn off the labrum, mangled the head of the humerus, fractured the humerus leading too blood pooling in the shoulder from the bone bleeding, stretched ligaments, possibly torn the biceps ligament, and a few others that I didn't understand the terminology oh and according too surgeon I may have seriously torn my rotator cuff as well. So needless to say have had a bad month, but for my main question if all the orthopedic says is true plus the mri he showed, shouldn't I be in much more pain then I am or have I just gotten used too it or something. Naturally I don't show much when it comes too pain, I don't cry or shout even after this nasty fall and could see the head of my humerus sticking up on my chest the worst I did was a small grunt. So don't know expected too not have surgery till late in November so will see how that works out. Thanks for hearing me out.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your flopping symptoms sound about right for the diagnosis. Had a similar thing myself.

Get it fixed

Nick

• Posted

Hi Mixhael

I like your spunk! but not your injuries.

The reason you could do some movements but not other movements is because the rotatir cuf is comprised of five muscles, each one having its own special job.

Have a great surgery and a rapid recovery...are you having a reverse total shoulder?

The humerus has the ball and the scapula has the socket. When the cuff is badly torn, they reverse, putting a head on the scapula and the socket on the humerus...mine will be mid February

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Honestly couldn't say the doctor didn't mention what kind other than I needed the surgery and the cons if I didn't get the problem fixed as soon as I could. Will say when I discuss with him other. Good luck in February.

• Posted

Thank you, Michael

They reverse the implant so that you move your arm using different muscles.

You are in my prayers

hugs,

judith

• Posted

Oh goodness. You are fortunate your pain isn't worse. With everything you are describing, it definately sounds like surgery. I had a lot of pain from just a fall. Surgery was for torn rotator cuff, acromioplasty, cleaning of spurs and a decompression. MRI showed torn labrum but the doc didn't find that during surgery. Yours sounds like it though because of the arm flop thing. wink wishing you the very best for quick and total healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.