I need to get help, I am poor. I'm Desprit

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am poor, live in the USA, am a sick 57 yr old widow, celiac and have a dog i care for. I have several diseases and feel like I am close to death. I know I need help, but do not know who to talk to. i want to stay in my home, are there home services available? i need hospice but i am too tired to see the doctor. what will happen to me if i can't afford a care giver?  i have celacs and cross contamination will kill me, i do not want to die like that, sickened by gluten.  i am feeling very desprite. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee...I too live in the USA

Yes, homecare services are available. Unless you want to pay outright, your insurance will require you see your physician and obtainan order.

Hospice is a free service given to those individuals whose physician certifies that the patient has a life expectancy of one year or less.

If you have any thoughts of harming yourself, you need to immediately telephone your areas suicide prevention hotline.

Hugs,

judith

• Posted

what if i can't get to the doctor. i am much too tired. cani call hospice for help?

• Posted

thankyou for your ideas judith

so i have to have a doctor say i am dying to get hospice? funny.  i can hardly leave the house. i wonder why everything has to be so complcated.

good night and thank you smile

• Posted

Depending on the state you live in there are nurses that sre home care.

call your local hospital for more infor for what is available for you.

i am very concerned that you will need to have full to part time care. Also soda ute care is cornered my Medicare check on line for other services Medicare has available. You have Medicare advantage & pt B you may qualify for financial assistance as well as home care. 

Take care are and many heeling blessings sent your way. 

I am am asuming you CAN ALSO FILE FOR DISSABILITY .

SOCIAL SERVICES WILL SEND SOMEONE OUT TO YOUR HOME TO EVALUATE YOUR NEEDS,

• Posted

i have been on disability for about 4 years. ive been sick for a while but it is getting worse.

I have AARP medicare complete. 

thanks you guys, my brain is struggling to process so much. I will call my MD monday and see if I can get someone to come here and evaluate me. 

• Posted

Dee,

what did you decide. How are you. I hope you called your nearest hospital in your area to speak with a solidly,services representative to help you receive care. What state r u located in . You can pm me with that info if you wish. I would like to help,you and search online to hind help,for you in your area.

(( hugs ))

Hope biggrin

• Posted

I so agree with you...the rules we must follow can be exhausting

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Dee,

How are you? Hope you are doing ok. You have given advice to many people on here. Stay in touch so we can be there for you.

Best wishes xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.