The final stretch

Posted , 4 users are following.

well I want to thank the people who responded or commented on my initial discussion of withdrawing from Zopiclone. Well I am on the final journey in my life being addicted to medication . I feel I've made it through the rough few days quitting Zopiclone cold turkey and Iam actually getting a more restful sleep, something I have not had in years.  Many of you are probably wondering exactly what it is that I have to enable myself to be able to quick firstof all, Oxicontin and now Zopiclone. Well here it is and I hope those that read my messege find some help or some form of direction to assist in their choice to commit to quitting whatever drug your on.

The days I was withdrawing from Oxicontin, I was at the lowest time of my life. I literally al it's gave up. One night when I felt like throwing in the towel, I was all alone, no friends to lean on, nobody that I could call to help, just me. I , found the inner strength to pray. I went down on my knees and I prayed to Jesus to not take my suffering away but to show me the way to overcome my time in hell. Well, 5 minutes later, it seemed like somebody took my hand and lead me to bed. I layer down and pretty much fell asleep til the next morning. The next morning, I felt like death warmed over but I just couldn't get the memory out of my head of exactly what happened the night before, I knew right then what happened and I. Ever looked back. You see, even though I felt like everyone deserted me, I was never alone. That night, Jesus came back into my life. 

I now now look at each day with such joy and happiness, it's absolutely amazing. I made a promise to Jesus that by year end, I would be addiction free and I never go back on my word. I will be by the end of November free and myself again.

I know some of you that are going through some rough times and I know there are many of you, look beyond your suffering and focus on what you will become when you are set free. I know it's hard but with Jesus we all can accomplish astonishing things

God bless everyone and Please don't give up

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

To Karl,

I just happened to read your post and I have recently been on this site for advice and to feel less alone I guess. Your message really spoke to me and I just wanted to say good on you for fighting your way through this situation. I have never been religious but I have been through some tough times with ongoing health problems and pain as well as meds withdrawal which is hell and I have felt very alone due to not being well enough to lead a normal life and so gradually lost touch with people and its been rough and I have come to this site due to that. I have found myself praying for strength to get through this so thank you for sharing and inspiring xx

• Posted

Hi Sadie. I need to say a few words to you that help you with your journey. The day I quit Oxicontin, I never felt so abandoned and alone in my entire life up to that point. I literally wanted to give up. But something kept echoing in the back of my head, the words of a person I knew. He said to me that in our times of despair and overwhelming feelings of failure, we are never alone. I never quite understood what this person meant by his words u til the night I quit Oxicontin. It was literally seconds for me that a miracle happened in my life. I was going to do the unthinkable and end it all. But for some reason, I went to my knees and prayed like there was no tomorrow. Well my prayers got answered and I found the strength to overcome anything now. I knew at that moment, I wasn't alone, 

so Sadie, never ever think you are alone, just open your heart and believe. Also if you want to chat further , just say so. 

Gid Bless and remember , you have the strength to overcome, we all do, all we have to do is Believe

• Posted

Hi Karl,

Thanks so much for your reply, it really gave me comfort and that means a lot right now when I feel at my lowest. I just wrote a full reply and then my phone battery started to die and the site refreshed and my reply went blank argh! so am sending this quick one before it cuts out to say thank you, and I will message as soon as I can. I cant tell you how much I appreciate your experience and taking the time to reply. Shall be in touch soon.

• Posted

I look forward to hearing from you. Let me know if there is anything I can do or inform you of to help
    • Posted

Hi Karl,

My apologies for the delay in my reply, phone trouble. Ive been trying to figure out how to send a private message on this site to you but am new to the site so not sure how, any idea? Would like to discuss further if you dont mind but rather message direct if its possible?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi karl.  My last message was moderated and I have no clue why.  All I said was that i had been taking 7 (7.5)  zop a night and am now down to 1/2 a pill.  At first I panicked so much and I also asked the Lord for help and no panick anymore.  I also want to be off completely very soon and I know with His help I will.  He has helped me in so many ways.  Thankyou for your post and yes God Bless
    • Posted

Brenda , stick with it. Every day it's gets easier. I know it's tough at times but try to keep your mind active on other thoughts. Concentrate on things you like doing, things that you've put off for whatever reason and you want to do. My withdrawals from it were severe at times but when they hit me the hardest, I simply stopped what I was doing and mentally said to myself that these withdrawals symptoms will pass and at the end, I will be a better person. And first and foremost, you are not alone in your times of trials. Just think how happy you will be once your off them. 

Thank you and God Bless

• Posted

Hi Karl,

I got notified of a reply from you but its blank and showing that its waiting to be modified for some reason, not sure why that is but noticed other lady has the same on it. Just letting you know incase you thought I wasnt replying. Shall wait till It gets granted and I can read it.

Thanks so much

• Posted

Hi Sadie, to send a private messege directly to me, just click my name. Once the page opens, you will see a mail icon on the left hand side of the page. Just click that and it will allow you to send a messege just to me. I hope u get this. Not sure why my messege didn't go through

• Posted

The mail icon will be directly under my name
    • Posted

so click on my name and the mail icon will be directly under my name. I hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks Karl, have managed to see your reply now. I am having a rough day after no sleep and seem to of got a sickness bug since late last night so shall send you a personal message in next day or so. Just wanted to come on and thank you for letting me know. I had tried clicking your name and did see the envelope symbol but thought that was for mine. Cheers for messaging. Shall chat very soon.xx
    • Posted

Remember, the side effects will pass. Every day, it gets easier. Look forward to hearing from you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.