Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doctors at hospital dont know whether its AF or an arrhythmia so fed up now really scares me when they happen had my first one 3yrs ago lasted 5hours have not had any as long as that since just a good few little ones each day then it goes back in rhythm by its self dont get breathless of faint with them but really scares the hell out of me then I can go weeks with out any at all .got to go back in February .hope they sort me out

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They will get you sorted.

I,am in a different case from you.

I got my bb because of a heart attack.

The next day after I got a stent put into my heart.

I got home.

With in 5 hours of being out of hospital my heart started to race for no reason

So I ended up at accident and emergency department

They gave me bb to slow my heart.

Been told I'll be on them for the rest of my life now to stop my heart going into over drive

• Posted

Im on bisopalol to they said they are going to give me another tablet along with bisopalol

If that doesn't work they are going to operate

?

• Posted

Hi Lynn

im sorry to hear your news I have been on b b for 2months now I'm one of the lucky ones no side effect s but I'm now taking Sintrom warfarin it's called in U.K. I'm in Spain so since starting it i have croniic leg pain in the evening and through the night nothing works hope you feel better soon m

• Posted

Hello Lynn - When you say they are going to operate - what operation would that be?  If you have A Fib, then perhaps you mean an ablation.  They should be able to tell from your ECG what kind of arrhythmia you have - AFib being the commonest.  Don't worry - loads of us have AFib here and with the proper medication, we are all still around, it is not life threatening if treated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.