I have an extremely painful bartholin with a cyst the size of a marbel

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is not the first time for me, I once five years ago had to get my left side drained and in between had others that did not get so bad however Friday I started feeling something and by sat it is very painful and now Sunday I can barely walk it hurts so bad. I apologize in advance for not being fully detailed and also thank you anyone for a response. I have done soking in salt also hot compresses even I am taking augmentin for another reason... Sinuses... Should I go to hospital. My Gyno won't be in till tuesday

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would keep a hot compress on it as much as possible. If anyone can run to the store for you, I'd have them buy you lidocaine gel from CVS (if they have it without menthol). Also, if you are able to go to your family doctor, they should be able to lance it for you, but only if you haven't had this one drained before.

• Posted

Hii, that's a great idea my husband is going to go see if he can find some at Cvs. Thank you for your response also... Many blessings and continued healings. Tc

• Posted

If you are worried about it and the pain is to much for you, which I know oh so well from having my cyst and entire gland removed 7 weeks ago in still in constant pain. It always best to go and get yourself checked out because at the end of the day that is what hospitals and doctors are there for, to advise and help when needed.
  • Posted

The ER will probably only drain and pack it, which may relieve pressure and pain. I was in so much pain they sent me to a general surgeon and thank god she knows her stuff, because she removed it all and I haven't had any problems since. I don't know what your pain tolerance or even doctor would do. Personally having it removed was the best thing ever for me. I had a great surgeon too.

• Posted

I currently have a bartholins cyst and I'm 34w5d pregnant. I noticed mine Friday and it's gotten progressively more irritated. I've dealt with these since I was 17 and I'm 23 now. I've always had them drained or I wait them out but this one has gotten unbearable... I'm going into medical tomorrow to get it drained and I'm dreading it. I've been doing hot compresses but it's not working. It just momentarily soothes it. The last time I actually got medical attention for a cyst I requested to get it marsupialized but the dr was against the procedure, he even had the audacity to tell me I couldn't self diagnose after I told him I had dealt with these since I was 17 nearly every month. I hope you have found some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.