Not sure if Fissure or Pruitis anymore.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I no longer have pain from my fissure, but an unbareable itch.  I unfortunetely don't always have wet wipes available and use regular toilet paper after a bowel movement.  I find if I don't clean the area, I get an itch, and it gets so unbareable that I use toilet paper to scratch this itch.  When I do this I seem to give myself stomach aches and it feels like a gas build up in my large intestines.  Does this occur with anyone else after they give in and scratch that itch? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I know the feeling, been there. I use vaseline and that helps tremendously!! Especially before going to bed. I put alot. This will help from being so dry and help the itch decrease as well.  Good Luck I hope it helps
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Melissa, did you also have the stomachaches and bloating feeling if you did give into the itch?
  • Posted

Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.