Oral care?'s

Posted , 10 users are following.

Curious, has anyone tried brushing with baking soda and rinsing with salt water?

Just curious if it would help or hurt?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I use baking soda to brush & when my mouth isn't super sore; Biotene which heals with the dry mouth, flossing after eating & rinsing with salt water - you must rinse after salt water as any remaining salt will eat away at your tooth enamel.

Good luck!

• Posted

No problem. Sometimes it feels like all we have is each other (boards, forums ...sharing with fellow sufferers of LP)

Happy to help : )

• Posted

I bursh my teeth with a little baking soda mixed in organic coconut oil. The coconut oil help tone down the baking soda and it is somewhat soothing..
  • Posted

I tried brushing teeth with baking soda. It's gross. I can't use any regular toothpaste as it burns bad. I use children's toothpaste. And the only one I can use is Crest Pro- Health Stages . In bubble gum flavor. Stay away from ANYTHING with mint!

• Posted

Yes I'd agree!  I use Sarakan toothpaste from the health shop and the Sarakan mouthwash (UK).  My dentist warned me to avoid any toothpastes with Sodium Laurel Sulphate, which many of them have. 

• Posted

Has any one tried Hydrogen Peroxide to use for a mouth wash/rinse?

Hydrogen Peroxide is helpful in cell repair and safe to use as a mouth rinse. The body uses hydrogen to direct cells where to go to fix injurys.

In theory using Hydrogen Peroxide as a mouth wash should speed up the healing process of mouth sores and reduce reoccurrance.

• Posted

Yes .. in theory that sounds good. I'm a little nervous to try it. Is it ok to use it in the mouth? I just don't want to make it worse. Has anyone tried it?

• Posted

Just don't swallow.

Lots of mouth washes have hydrogen peroxide in them.

I think you just have to stay clear of products with sodium laurel sulfate.

• Posted

Hi froggy, Yes it is safe to use in the mouth I would suggest if your going to try using Hydrogen Peroxide 03% I mix it 50/50 with water.

I am currently using colgate peroxyl mouth wash and the main ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide. I used plain Hydrogen Peroxide before I found the Colgate Peroxyl which works much better. Hope it helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.