Foot drop, Lower back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

In the summer I went to a Neurologist. Found him quite dismissive and he diagnosed 'functional symptoms' including shoulder problems and walking problems.

Since then I have had injections in my shoulder and it showed up impinged on xray.

I went to a podatrist today and she said I have foot drop, toes which curl up, high arches and I need to be tested for muscle loss with a blood test and if that didn't show then I need to go to Musculaskeletal.

I wonder if the previous neurologist letter will affect the referral. Will they assume that the neurologist already tested all nerve and muscle problems or will they take a fresh look? Can neurological testing miss things?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Think I posted in slightly the wrong catagory! am new here sorry smile

• Posted

Hi

I would go back to your gp/doctors and ask if you can get referred to see a spinal consultant at your nearest hospital. I'm no doctor but what your describing is like its to do with your lower back . I've suffered since 2011 with shoulder pain,headaches,chronic lower back pain, leg pain down to the foot. I too was sent to see a neurologist first had numerous scans,X-rays etc.. But I was lucky enough to be sent to see a spinal team . To find I have a pars defect at the l5 s1 .

Please don't suffer in silence and don't let them fob you off either .

Let us all know how you get on.

• Posted

Simply put yes the neuro can very easily miss things and give a wrong dx depending upon his speciality.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.