Hepatitis B vaccine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took vaccine of hepatitis B after a day after a test that shows i am negative, now i now feel most of the symptom of Hepatitis B such as joint pain, headeach e.t.c, can it be that i now have the virus?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Not really. You are now having an immune response to the vaccine. it is perfectly normal to have some symptoms of the condition for which you are immunized. If symptoms persist or worsen you will need to consult a doctor but some response like what you mention is to be expected.
  • Posted

Purpledobermann, thanks so much a kind of relieve, but can i go for second test during dis period of vaccine and i am yet to complete the dos. i read an article that claim that it is not advisable to run test during the vaccine period of 6 month
    • Posted

A test at this time would not be reliable. You are going to show notable antibodies to Hep B so soon after the vaccine. At least 6 months have to pass indeed. A vaccine typically contains either the live virus or the inactivated kind so while yes you now have the bug in your system, the way it is designed is just enough to force an immune response but not enough to make you sick. This is how vaccines work basically. If anything is wrong you will get worse steadily. My daughter got several chicken pox lesions following her chicken pox shot, with fever and malaise. The fact that you have a response means that vaccine is taking hold and your body is working with it. It is a good thing.
  • Posted

Thank you so much u put a smile on my face right now, God bless u real good. However, my wife got tested and she is negative thus she has an appoitment with the doctor later this month, we have a son who is negative, but my wife keep lossing weight and keep me not in happy mood, question:

1. How can she improve in her weight?

2. can i have unprotected sex at this point?

3. Will the stress getting pregnant the second time not too much for her?

4. Can i kiss her passionately at this point?

5. How can she manage pregnancy without my next baby having the virus?

Will be so happy if you can attend to this questions one after the other.

• Posted

Well you both tested negative so it doesn't sound like either of you should worry about hepatitis B...Or did I misunderstand and one of you was positive? Your wife could be losing weight for various reasons: stress, thyroid problems, tiredness. She should check with a dosctor to run a general blood test to make sure there is no problems with her iron, thyroid or her general bloodcount. If it is just that she is sad or very stressed or tired, some relaxation and understanding from you will help her feel better over time. You can have unprotected sex if you are both negative, but it would be best to first make sure her bloodwork is ok, and give her time to get stronger and feel better before exhausting her with another pregnancy. If you meant that your wife is Hepatitis B positive then the above do not apply and you should not have unprotected sex until your next blood tests confirms that you have sufficient Hepatitis B antibodies. Kissing should be fine. If your wife is positive for Hepatitis B, there is no way to guarantee the new child will not be positive as well, in fact it most likely will be. You will need to consult a doctor on the best course of action in this case.

• Posted

How save is sex via condom at this point in tme?
    • Posted

Condoms should protect you sufficiently at this point. Kissing should be ok but best to hold off on all sexual activity until a couple of weeks after your vaccine.

Having a baby is a different story. There is a 10-20% chance for a baby to become infected. However nowadays they inject babies born to Hep B positive mothers with immunoglobulin at birth along with the first of three doses of Hep B vaccine. At the same time i believe your wife needs time to recover so definitely would wait at least 6-12 months before trying for a baby. Please consult a doctor for this part. Your wife needs rest, healthy food and relaxation as well as medical attendance in order to feel better. Give her time and let us know how it goes. Wishing your wife a good recovery.

• Posted

What type of food will help her now? a doctor inform us to reduce protein to the bearest minimum. 

• Posted

yes must reduce protein, processed and fatty foods and junk generally to ease her liver and prevent overload and scarring. No alcohol. Minimal over the counter  medication unless consulted and prescribed by doctor - she should avoid painkillers whenever possible. Anything vegetable based will help, vegetable soups and broths are good, whole foods, fruit, herbal teas, honey instead of sugar, dried fruit as snacks, some nuts. For protein, small servings of light lean meats, like chicken and lean beef (from young animals) - well cooked! And some fish will be good. Yogurt will also be ok in small amounts. Beans, lentils and sprouts have lots of protein so small portions. Search for liver friendly foods online to get some ideas. Don't expect her to start putting on weight until she starts to recover. So no need to force things. Small, frequent meals, some light activity. Generally she must be gentle with herself now and avoid overstressing. Be her best friend and partner now and she will start to gather strength. All the best.

• Posted

Remember that it can be hard to maintain adequate nutrition and some of her dietary needs will be increased. Current ideas suggest  a small reduction in protein being to strict can increase problems, but the advice about using plant sources is good. Its often a good idea to reduce salt in the diet as well, people can tend to retain fluid. One of the jobs of the liver is to store sugars which are available for energy production, it seems adequate sugar stores help protect the liver as well as meeting energy needs. It used to be common practice to provide high calorie drinks for people with liver problems. Your Dr can advise you about any supplements that might help but most people advise against anything containing iron.

The vaccine used these days is created by altering yeast to carry hepatitis antigens, so there is no actual hepatitis viruses dead or alive in the vaccine. You will need to complete the course before re-testing, there's simply no point. Let your wife rest and recover, do what you can to help her, she will recover more quickly that way. Hope she's better soon and your symptoms go quickly.

• Posted

Remember that it can be hard to maintain adequate nutrition and some of her dietary needs will be increased. Current ideas suggest  a small reduction in protein being to strict can increase problems, but the advice about using plant sources is good. Its often a good idea to reduce salt in the diet as well, people can tend to retain fluid. One of the jobs of the liver is to store sugars which are available for energy production, it seems adequate sugar stores help protect the liver as well as meeting energy needs. It used to be common practice to provide high calorie drinks for people with liver problems. Your Dr can advise you about any supplements that might help but most people advise against anything containing iron.

The vaccine used these days is created by altering yeast to carry hepatitis antigens, so there is no actual hepatitis viruses dead or alive in the vaccine. You will need to complete the course before re-testing, there's simply no point. Let your wife rest and recover, do what you can to help her, she will recover more quickly that way. Hope she's better soon and your symptoms go quickly.

• Posted

It depends on how long after the injection the problems occurred and the type of medication. Injections work better but they are more likely to cause side effects, when dealing with mental issues i reject having injections, and rather stay on tablets. Tablets are not as effective as tablets, but they do the job at a good size dosage, not too high not to low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.