kidney problem help ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had excruciating pain in the lumber area of my back and I thought I had put my back out  and after the second day i started on pain killers

The pain has moved to my groin and my thoughts were mebe it was stones       i went to see my doctor he checked my blood presure and it was spot on he olso checked my urine and it was clear  

and the other thing he could'nt understand was that I only have thepain when I am up and walking around but when I sit down it disappears     He told me to give it a couple of days if its still the same he will send me for a scan      I was wondering if anybody on the site has had the same experience and be kind anough to pass on their experience  thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi...

It 100% sounds like stones to me,its very common to get pain in the kidney area first then have it radiating down to the groin area.Slightly strange that the pain goes when you sit but..hey... everyones different.

Dont put up with the pain any longer than you have to.

One thing we are all told is to drink loads and loads of water to try and flush the stones through and also hopefully stop them getting bigger.

Good luck and i hope you get some relief soon...

• Posted

?Thank you very much for your help i'm seeing the doctor this morning and will push for a scan. thanks once again take care.

• Posted

I had back ache for weeks and put it down to my job adhoc groin pain , then one evening it got worse and into groin and within hours I was rolling round the floor

My stone was 10mm wide when found so I wished I hadn't left not going to drs, since have had two lots of surgery under a general anasetic in 7 weeks and another one for next Tuesday under a local

• Posted

​Thank you very much for your reply and I wish you the very best when you go back in to hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.