2 weeks to go for prostate surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

scare gleason 3+3 all cancer still in capsule  3% in one and 5% nin other any advise gladly appreciated

prostate  surgery in 2 weeks 

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No need to do anything - I've had similar without treatment for several years. It hasn't grown or spread.

• Posted

i the 3 choices watching removing or radiation  i think im going with the robotic surgery 
    • Posted

psa was 6.6 i september 
    • Posted

In March my PSA was 4.9
  • Posted

If you haven't yet fully committed yourself to surgery I would advise you to seek a second opinion. Your Gleason score is low enough for you to consider 'watchful waiting ' as an alternative to any form of intervention at this stage, as it is possible that the cancer, if you have it at all, may never develop. Has your consultant explained to you the possible side effects of surgery?

• Posted

Yes I know but I am still thinking about the surgery because I can't have the notion to think something that's inside me may be going or not I think that's a decision I'm going with but I will still have more time to think about this I think you for your reply any other information will be helpful I really appreciate it

• Posted

I know, I know the first reaction is to get it out! But in many cases this is not the right decision.
  • Posted

My recommendation is to delay any decision unless you have researched

all other alternatives. Take the appropriate time to make the best decision. DO NOT RUSH A DECISION!  Especially, do not rush into a surgery decision.

• Posted

Greg you have to do what is right for you . There is no easy awnser. Did any of your family members have PC father or brother .?
    • Posted

Thank you very much sue
    • Posted

I'm going to show my pathological report

In few minutes

• Posted

Everybody told me it wasn't bad it's 3 + 3 Gleason score 5% + 1 lesion and 3% and the other lesion of the biopsy cost out of 25 was no cancer showing

• Posted

Greg what stage of cancer did your brother have. ? There is definitely cancer that is genetic. Knowing that you have options and have found it early is great. That is the most important thing .
  • Posted

greg43014,

I totally agree with the replies advising you to not to rush to a decision, get second opinion and consider Active Surveillance. You have lots iof time to monitor your diagnosis of PCa. Your Gleason score indicates  just that. I am on Active Surveillance and my gleason score was 7;. Why I chose wait and watch? My biopsy remains were sent to Prolaris for genetic testing and the results came back in the non agressive range. With a mortality rate of only a 3% chance of dying in 10 years. So, you have lots of time to make a treatment decision. Prostate surgery is very invasive, and you might regret having it done. There are other treatments I would consider along with AS. G'luck what ever you decide.

• Posted

You and I are almost in the same position but a year apart. I just think it was the right thing to do. I did not want chemicals in my body that may affect me in 20 years at. the age of 75, If you do radiation the prostate surgery is much more difficult and is just a savage job. You do have time to look at other options. I know there is a guy on here that is big on the ultrasound treatment but that is a lot of money out of your pocket. By doing my surgery early it was completely contained in the prostrate. First good thing. Get working on Kegels. With the nerve sparing you will get your consistence back. The erections are a different problem. Start therapy after a month and stick with it at less 18 months to 2 years. I would also get them to start injections. So, that you can have sex while all the therapy is going on. Good Luck
    • Posted

I am sorry Tybeeman but your memo is a perfect example why other options should be researched - no erections, injections, Kegels, etc. At Greg's point there is no reason this has to be incurred. And you statement that by doing surgery is a guarantee that the cancer will be completely contained is not factual. Many that have had surgery still face other options due to tissue being left behind that continues to grow. Surgery is not the end all that many believe.

• Posted

Gale I think if you read back he said that the MRI has the conacer contained in there the prostarte.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.