Wenxin Keli as a help to Afib

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anybody tried the above chinese herb and would like to comment. 

D

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi big man, I see your post is 2 months old so I hope you are still on the forum. Although I haven't tried this particular herbal medication, I have been considering asking my GP to prescribe some homeopathic medicine to help me. She is homeopathy registered as well as being a regular general practitioner.

For me, after everything else seems to have failed, I think it is mainly down to my stress and anxiety so I believe there are herbal remedies out there that can help reduce these.

Since your posting, have you tried the herb you mention and what was the effect?

• Posted

Hi Gwen, is it possible that AFib can be started by stress and anxiety? This is all new to me and I have only had the ECG so far showing minor AFib, but have been suffering from anxiety, palpitations and panic attacks sporadically over 2 yrs (menopause) & same with IBS. ECG in April 2016 during panic attack was normal.

• Posted

Hi Julie, I would say stress plays a big part in afib and this is counteracted by taking beta blockers which serve to keep the heart rate under control.

From what you say, you are an excellent candidate for afib unfortunately! Are you also aware that there are certain triggers that can bring on an afib attack such as coffee, tea (caffeine) chocolate, alcohol, and anything with high sugar content.

To help combat afib, try breathing exercises, keeping hydrated with water throughout the day and cutting back on strenuous exercise.

I have had electric shock (cardioversion) treatment and two ablations and a shed load of medication to get me back on track, none of which have been particularly successful. So I am taking the alternative therapy route now to see if that helps, so far the breathing exercises help at night to get to sleep but I need to slow down my anxieties and stress levels.

You will get a lot of help from this forum and I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.