Morning urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, hope this doesn't upset you over breakfast. I've currently got gift of 13% and although I would say my urine was normal, I've noticed that in the morning, I go to toilet, have a cuppa(after the toilet not while I'm there) then need to urinate again. Then half hour later I need to urinate again. I'm 45 and torn between a kidney isssue or just my age. The rest of the day it's "normal"

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

If you know your GFR, presumably you have had recent tests of your kidney function? 13% would put you close to or actually needing dialysis. People with CKD often need to go to the toilet more frequently but you should check with your Dr if you haven't seen him for a while so he can take a proper history and advise you.

• Posted

Hi,

When my GFR dropped to around that level I needed to wee a lot especially in the night but in the day also.  Wait til you start dialysis some people stop weeing all together I just wee'd less often it was ace.  Also if you don't get up in the night perhaps your kidney is a bit hyper in the mornings, transplanted kidneys can be hyper and produce many litre's of urine.  I am pretty sure its normal but if you are concerned best talk to your doctor to see if they have any advice.

• Posted

Thanks Helen. I've got an ecg and a follow up assessment with my consultant next week. I'll mention it to him. How are you fairing just now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.