Just need some advice :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, in 2010 i was told i had a neurological condition that affected my hands and arms. In the way it affects me i cant grip things like a normal person can and drop things and have lack of strengh. It started in my right hand and moved to my arm. In 2012 it moved to my left hand and arm also. I get tons of pain from it too. However in 2015 (this is the key bit) my right leg would ramdomly give way without warning. This has happened about 6 times now two times ive hurt myself badly and once i was taken to A and E. My question is my Neurological issue with my hands/arms is to do with the DT1, CT8 and CT1 nerves and no one can tell me if this issue with my right leg is connected. Can it progress and affect other parts of the body. I just want a yes or no answer and no one in the medical world will give me one. Ive had a mri scan all was clear on my right leg. Can someone please help or advise me.Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some neurological conditions begin in the hands and spread to the feet, but more commonly it's the other way around. Do you know what condition you've got? Did they do an MRI of your brain, as well as the leg? I don't know what a leg MRI would be able to tell them.

• Posted

It clearly depends on what condition you had but in answer to your question is yes
  • Posted

Hi Stub,

DT1 is not a nerve. But DTI stands for Diffusion-tensor imaging.. it is a special test used on small nerve bundles.

I do not recognize CT8 nor CT1.

Perhaps you can return to your physician and ask for an explanation in simpler terms.

Neurological diseases are many. If you can obtain a definitive diagnosis many of us on this site will try to help you.

kind regards

,judith

• Posted

Hi,

conditions effecting the spine can show up as leg weakness. My leg gives way as you describe and I live with after effects of a spinal condition Cauda Equina nerve damage. A sometimes related spinal condition Arachnoiditis can later effect nerves in arms & hands. Have you had the spinal MRI's with contrast? Best of luck.

• Posted

I don't have a soluton for you, I'm afraid.      However, last year I was diagnosed with a hereditary muscular sensory neuropathy - which I didn't know I carried.   I am 74.  I was well-aware of grand-father and an uncle being affected.   It was kicked off by a spinal decompresson operation and five years have now past, with me getting more and more tingles, then lack of sensation in both feet and legs, and now weakness in my hands.    Nothing can be done for me.  You obviously have a nerve sensation problem of some sort, but goodness knows what.     Keep on pressing for a diagnosis, even if it's not what you want to hear..   At least you will know what you are dealing with.   All good wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.