Zyprexa(olanzapine) 5mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello there,

i've seen on the drug info that zyprexa can cause hallucinations even personality disorders in rare cases ofc. my question is if it's possible for such a side effect to exist with the specific low dosage(5mg)

thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I dont consider 5mg to be a low dose, I can´t tolerate even the 2.5mg, it makes me eat all the time, bedridden and paranoid... I really hate the docs that gave it to me in the first place... try to get off it

• Posted

Hi Johny I was on olanzapine for around 20 years the last 15 or so on 5mg. It is a terrible drug and robbed me of most of my adult life. I came off this drug very slowly over several months and it was the hardest thing I have ever done but since I have been off it, the last dose I took was June this year I have got my mind back along with my personality. I didn't have hallucinations but it affects your personality very strongly. My advice to you is if you are on this drug come off it but very slowly and carefully. I can advise you through experience how to do this.

• Posted

Hi Jeremy, May I know how you did it and successfully did it. What were the ups and downs and how did you manage it? What were the challenges and how did you cope with them? Were u supervised by a doctor? How did you titrate d med, so difficult to titrate it. What instrument did you use in titrating it in case you did it so. Thanks and please advise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.