Soreness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there lady's I had s biopsy done a few weeks ago and I had a letter from my gynecologist saying there wasn't enough tissue took to be reliably assessed in the laboratory and in view of my symptoms she's going to refer me to her dermatologist colleague and a further biopsy may be deemed necessary so now I'm waiting for appointment in the mean time can anyone advice me on how to ease the soreness I've constantly got it feels like even my knickers are rubbing me like sandpaper I don't know what to wear for comfort I feel like leaving the knickers off completely I can't wear anything unless it's very loose what do you wear and what helps with the soreness I'm getting really fed up with it now making me depressed

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Gillian,

I suffered like that too.  I found that wearing a panty liner with my knickers helped: it was softer than woven fabric, being paper, and didn't irritate.  It also provided a bit of support and padding there, which was a big help.  But I discovered the best relief was to take a couple of antihistamines a day and eventually found that I was allergic to potatoes, tomatoes and chillies, so leaving them out of my diet entirely has effected a complete cure.

Minamii

• Posted

That's very interesting I don't eat tomatoes or chilliest but I do eat potatoes so I will try leaving them out of my diet

• Posted

The allergy is called "Nightshade sensitivity" and I've found a number of ladies I know who develop it later in life, typically after menopause.  The other triggers are eggplant, tobacco, and goji berries.  They are all plants in the same family, the Solanacea, related to Deadly Nightshade, aka Belladonna. It seems that the body gets worse at eliminating the toxins in the plants of this family as you get older.  

Good luck!

Minamii

• Posted

That figures I'm 60 years old so I'm old but still going through the menopause after ten years but still get the flushes

• Posted

Hi Gillian.  Did you find any relief by leaving potatoes out of your diet?  I found that not only did it make my skin itch disappear, but I have had no recurrence of heartburn that I used to suffer from regularly.  

Minamii

• Posted

I don't get itching just feeling very sore and burning i haven't taken potatos out of my diet completely but have cut back on them can't say I've noticed any change yet I mite stop eating them altogether

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.