Can anyone help me? Is this normal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have no flu symptoms at all. But I have lots of sharp stomach pains right in the middle below my chest bone. Today I had the worst pain and then threw up. I threw up blood, not a lot but then I checked my throat and saw this.... Is this normal? I've had the swollen tonsils for about a month but they didnt bother me. But are those bumps normal?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Idvn

Your tonsils appear to be inflammed.

That said, vomiting ant anount of blood is never okay. Go to the ER.

Just below your sternum is your stomach proper.

I would like to hear back from you

kind regards

judith

• Posted

hello! thanks for replying. I went to my doctor today and first they did the strep test and it was negative. when the doc lookes at my throat she said it was inflamation on my tonsils and so she gave ne antibiotics..she also said the bumps are related from irritation from acid ....she referred me to a gastroenterologist just because i have really bad acid reflux problems(im on omeprazol) and she said it might be related to that. I might get a endoscopy done.... Thats it until now. But still worried
    • Posted

No, no, no worrying. You made a good decision to post, you went to the doc, got some antibiotics, abd are going to gastro...endoscopy, just had one myself mid August ...I have ulcers and reflux and I am a happy person.

If you bring up more blood, you go back to the ER.

If you increase the head of your bed four to five inches, this may help reduce the reflux.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hello Idvm,

I hope you got better. Can you tell me the outcome. Very similar spots as my daughter, not strep, glandular fever and unresponsive to antibiotic. thanks for any help advise. BB

• Posted

Hi, I have the same bumps in my throat and since yesterday my throats been feeling very dry and it always feels like there is something in my throat. That feeling went away for a while but it is back now. I had sore throat with white yellow puss 3 times last year and a week ago I had puss on tonsils and a little sore but no fever. The puss doesnt seem to completely go away. Every time its like a really small puss stays behind just waiting for an infection or something. I removed it a few times last year and every time I look in my throat I see it very small. Every time the doctor just give me antibiotics without taking a sample to test it. I'm scared that it might be cancer. Please help! 

• Posted

Hello, what did u find out about your throat.. i have almost the same problem.. im a half pack a day smoker..  sometimes my ear also hurts.. and lately have feel sharp shoting pains in that area for a few seconds.. it goes away.. but comes back once in a while.. all this has only been going on about 3 weeks. 
    • Posted

The bumps might have been around for a while; I've had the same bumps too for a while now, it is generally because of post nasal drip. By the way, I was a half pack a day smoker as well.

Do get it checked though, so that you can get a remedy for it.

Cheers,

• Posted

first time i had strep the only pain i had was severe stomach right in the middle. it was horrid! BiL HAD SAME THING AND THEY PREPPED HIM FOR APPENDIX and last minute did a strep test POSITIVE! have had only 6xs in my life and not fun!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.