Do I have Nerve damage or just inflamed muscles?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 21 year old Female and I have been having a constant burning tingling sensation on the left side of my head between the ear and neck; it has been on and off for about 9 months now.

Some days my neck will become sore and stiff but goes away after a while.

Last March I had a Lumbar Puncture done because of this sensation but all tests were negative. 

Please help! 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

did you have an injury or somthing?  we need more infomation to give you much feedback; what exactly do you need help with?
    • Posted

No...no injuries, the symptons just came gradually over this year. 

I've been to the hospital in March but all of my tests came back negative and since then the symptoms came back.

When I feel the bone of my neck is crunches slightly? I'm not sure what to do.

Any treatment for neck pain?

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I would ask your doctor to refer you to a Consultant Neurologist, for a MRI and CT Scans.

I currently have an intermittent problem with a tingling, pins and needles sensation from the right side of my head down to my throat. Mine I think is related to a current disorder, or medication that was just changed and I changed back.

I see my Consultant Neurologist every month for injections and another Neurologist that changes my medications accordingly.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Becky

I have similar pains but mine are little worse to the point that I thought I have GCA. Beacuse on top of the my head the left side gets painful and sensitive to touch that I have to pull and hold on to my hair to get some relief. This irritation and pain is only on my left side. It travels all over of my left side. Recently it effected my left eye as well. I feel push and pull from inside on my eye. For years I've been complaining from this problem but no dr lestien to me. At first everything vegans with anxiety attacks and it keep getting worse and worse. However, I pushed my Dr for brain MRI and he finally agreed to it. The result was shocking to me but not to him and six other nerologysts that I saw. I have several white spots on my both frontol lobs. No one knows since when they are there or how and why. I even went to the Stanford nerology clinics and saw two nerologysts but none could tell me why. They just told me that they are bening and I should not to worry about them. But Dr google and its sicentrefic articles says diffrent. I just can not overcome this findings and I am confused too. I don't know if the anxity caused them or something else. And I don't know if the pain that I'm suffering is from is from them.

• Posted

Have you tried to have an ultra sound of the jugulars, these symptoms can be caused by twisted or blocked jugular veins and also cause white spots on the brain due to poor drainage and the old blood does not have sufficient oxygen.

MS also causes white spots on the brain and damaged nerves in the spinal column but if your neuro has ruled this out with MRI and spinal tap its worth checking to see if you have CCSVI which you can google and get further info on it

Hope this helps hun

• Posted

Hi Becky,

Burning and tingling indicate that a nerve is compressed. The nerves which innervate our head and neck are C1 to C4, C representing cervical spine.

What time of day does this happen...morning...maybe you slept funny. Late afternoon...perhaps too much time bent over a computer.

It is important to be vigilant. The more detail you give to your physician, the better your physician can help you.

kind regards

,judith

• Posted

It's constant...my spine at the shoulders have started to give me a dull ache today.

I will see a chiropractor and see what they say. I've probably done something to my muscles. 

• Posted

Hi Becky,

I hope the chiropractor is able to provide you with relief.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi,

I am feeling a lot better...I saw my GP and Chiropractor. 

My symptoms gradually wore off within a few weeks and I have been having massage's while taking prescribed tablets for nerve and muscle pain.

I am also begining physiotherapy for my neck.

See how it goes.

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.