Foot surgery complications.

Posted , 5 users are following.

In 2014 I hurt myself at a 4 day JROTC program at school. I fell of a high obstacle course log thing. The said it was either a ligament tear or sprain gave me a boot. I didn't stay off of it as long as reccomended (mistake)...the ending of 2014 and begining of 2015. I had my first surgery ever. They said just two ligaments are missing so they wanted. Too find those ligaments and attach them back. I went in too surgery and came out worse!my surgeon said when we actually went in and started looking your daughter foot was worse than he thought! My tendons were torn apart so my foot was hung over and I had joint damage and dead tissue AND THE TWO LIGAMENTS MISSING I woke up too lots of pain and my mom telling me I wasn't only gonna be down for two months but for at least 12 months. I was very active so imagine my stress and I was still half high form the drugs so it didn't kick in till later I knew something was song cuz the pain was not a normal pain u just know but everyone kept saying I wasn't trying hard enough it was in my head etc. Anyway months go by come too figure out I needed another surgery.so I did the 2 surgery in 2016 febuary except the screws were not the problem I've been too so many appt. I live at the hospital I've called doctors in other states seen lots of doctors had numerous of test and my pain gets worse I'm too young too have too lay most my day I have too crawl most the time my back is giving out and now I am thinking of foot amputation I've been down nearly three years still in chronic pain and all my doctors have too say is if I I basically diagnose my dann self they don't try anyways whoever knows a good doctor too maybe fix me hit me up.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I meant all my doctors say is i don't know. And I basically diagnose and research myself.

• Posted

You poor thing, my heart goes out to you, it's ridiculous at this day and age that they can't just fix a sore ankle. I hurt mine in April fell down a step and told it was sprained, went to a&e three times and fobbed off, after 5.5 maths had mri which showed damage to two ligaments, chipped bone and avulsion fracture with possible healed fracture to the 5th and 2nd met, it's ruined my life I can't walk, I'm 39 with two kids, I was put in a cast on Tuesday for a month and the pain is worse , I hope you find answers, your too young to be in this pain x

• Posted

What was the name of the procedure of your surgery? What are you doing now? What’s your plan?

• Posted

Hello,yea I don't understand with the amount of technology we have. They can't see what's really going on. But i hope u get better also.

Thanks so much for the reply.

• Posted

The name of my first surgery was. Major reconstructive surgery. My second surgery was screw removal. I was in therapy for 3 years+ until I realized I still wasn't walking and it only made my pain worse. Now I can't sit up barely at all its too painful too my whole right side I can barely walk because my left foot ant knee are giving out. I am looking for different doctors around the world that can maybe help me.or I am just thinking of amputation.hopefully I fond a doctor first.

• Posted

I'm in the same situation. I sprained my ankle three years ago and torn my ligaments.I had to two arthroplasty surgery with then a year and a half. I have a lot of what arthritis and stiffness and swelling every day. I am doing physical therapy once a week and some exercises at home every day. I also ice my ankle and elevate it every night and I still have so much pain. What should I do next? In I'm only 29yrs old shouldn't be going through this. So much pain everyday and my doctor talking about another surgery I can't go Thur this again especially if I'm going to be in the same situation

• Posted

I’m in week 9 after surgery, what’s your advice for us? I’m 31.
    • Posted

I have all of those problems and more lol it started at 17 I am now 20. I've basically been living at the hospital and paying for medical bills back too back. They said their is nothing they can do they said try and find activities u can handle with your pain which is dumb seeming everything is extremely painful right?anyway I have also heard it can take 3yrs or more for these surgeries to heal. Because these are not just broken bones. Broken bones heal faster than your ligaments and tissues in your foot and what you are doing is good the icing and elevation is the only thing that helps me my mom helps me but I try too d's as much as possible I feel like a vegetable I'm almost on my 4th year smh hang in.and what too. Do next I would say a second opinion but even that didn't work for me you might have luck or they might just send you too your pain management clinic.good luck..

• Posted

The most important questions: 1- What was the name of your first surgery (The exact name)? 2- Why they again do a surgery on you? What was the purpose? Did they tell you what they want to do?!

• Posted

I had a arthroplasty surgery twice. The first one they open me up and put my ligaments back together and second time the pain was constantly hurting and tjeee stabbing pains will no go away. So my nerves kept hitting against each other and growing. So they open me up the second time in did a lot of scraping and now they saying a third surgery because I keep have this stabbing pain,swelling, and arthritis too the pain and swelling won't go away

• Posted

Hi Armoni,

Are you in the USA?

I highly encourage you to mot give up...JROTC tells me a lot about you.

Tendons are like rubber bands...when they rupture the ends retract...except they do not retract into empty air, they retract and wind up inside and inbetween all of the muscles up your leg. You see, for a joint to move, a muscle must cross the joint both in front and in back. One muscle allows you to flex the joint and the other muscle allows tou to extend the joint.

I ruptured a tendon and waited too long to have the tendon repaired because they dry out over time Do not panic, I was all patched up with a tendon transfer. the take away is that you should have hope.

Hardware...I am the hardware queen...I ring metal detector! A screw in, a screw out. not to worry.

Now, where to go...choose the medical school hospital of the best university you can travel to because university hospitals are up on the latest technology, you are operated on by professors, they accept pretty much all insurance, and they want the hard cases so that they can figure it out.

I want to hear back from you...

hugs

,judith

• Posted

Hello,

Yea I am in the USA. Seattle washington, thankyou for the encouragement! Also it was more than my ligaments. But i understand what you are saying still. Thanks for the information. And would you have any suggestions as far as where too go? I really want amputation too be my last resort. But i don't know how much longer I can sit around in pain and bordem nd thinking maybe I'm not trying hard enough lol feel my mojo.anyways thanks again for the information etc. I hope your injury is over and well.

• Posted

Hi Armoni,

Are you in the USA?

I highly encourage you to mot give up...JROTC tells me a lot about you.

Tendons are like rubber bands...when they rupture the ends retract...except they do not retract into empty air, they retract and wind up inside and inbetween all of the muscles up your leg. You see, for a joint to move, a muscle must cross the joint both in front and in back. One muscle allows you to flex the joint and the other muscle allows tou to extend the joint.

I ruptured a tendon and waited too long to have the tendon repaired because they dry out over time Do not panic, I was all patched up with a tendon transfer. the take away is that you should have hope.

Hardware...I am the hardware queen...I ring metal detector! A screw in, a screw out. not to worry.

Now, where to go...choose the medical school hospital of the best university you can travel to because university hospitals are up on the latest technology, you are operated on by professors, they accept pretty much all insurance, and they want the hard cases so that they can figure it out.

I want to hear back from you...

hugs

,judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.