Pancreatitis affecting other organs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Along with pancreatic pain, I have had severe neck & shoulder pain, along with mucus/pus in the nose & throat. Has anyone else had this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have also been having cramps in the pelvic area.  Did your doctors put you on anything to help clear up the inflamation of the pancreas?
    • Posted

No, I only have pain meds that sometimes take the edge off. I will be seeing a doctor next week to see about enzymes. I tried eating some solid food, but it made the pain worse, so at present, I am on clear liquid diet.

Hope that you start feeling better.  This is an awful disease!

• Posted

So what are the enzymes supposed to do?   I am depressed about what to do if I need to have some more tests or what else is wrong..  I thought it would clear up after being on liquids for 2 weeks. 
    • Posted

Hi Claudey,

If you have Pancreatitis, you lose some of the pancreatic enzymes that help the small intestine to digest the fats, etc.  In my case, I feel completely out of wack. I, too, am frustrated &a depressed because of it taking so long to feel better. I had a CT scan, mri, ultrasound, & several blood tests while in the hospital, and do not want any invasive tests. There doesn't seem to be much help from the professionals. Seems like we re in the same boat. We have to research and fight this as much as possible.

• Posted

Yes it seems like we have the same problems.  They also did all those tests at the hospital and then told me I would get better on this liquid diet.  If I didn't I should go see a gastronocologist for further tests,  I have been holding off but not getting better so might have to pursue other options.  I just had some juice this morning and I'm in pain - I don't understand I have had nothing with fat.

• Posted

Same here. I just had clear Ensure, and am starting to have worse pains. I know that the gastro wants to give me an "eus"'test, but I am terrified of anything going down my throat. Did you have an amylase blood test?  Mine was way over the normal range.

We need to find a good pancreatic clinic / and/or doctor, but where? it is hard to even research when one is feelin so awful. If you find any helpful information, please let me know, and I will do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.