Big lump on shoulder what is it? Scaring me :-(

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few days ago i noticed a massive lump on my shoulder.. Its wer the shoulder and neck meet.. Thers hardly any pain but the fact that its sooo big it worrying me.. Could it be a lymph node? Its like 3cm big

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes it could be a lymph node, but then it could be something else. The only way you're going to find out is to go to your doctor and let him/her have a look at it. Don't start worrying just yet it may nothing at all.

• Posted

He said i need to wait a week or so and see if it goes down.. I actually have an ultrasound on monday for my neck lump but i dont think theyll do it for the shoulder one as ive not been referred for that
  • Posted

I agree with Joy,

time to see the doc

• Posted

Hi. Glad you're feeling better. All I would say is that if it's still there in a couple of weeks go back to your doctor as swollen lymph glands are a sign of infection somewhere in the body so needs looking into. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.