Working to fast ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Prozac for a little over a week now and I've only had some slight insomnia and I have slept walked a couple of times that I know of . I've never done that in my past until I took Prozac, it doesn't bother me nor does the slight insomnia because I feel amazing . I've never been so hopeful for the future . The past few days i've felt like I could actually get things done and my anxiety has improved. I keep reading that side effects will get to me but nowhere have I read anyone say they felt this good so quickly ? Is it in my head ? Should I be ready for things to take a dark turn in the next week or so ?

Let me add ,the first couple days I did actually feel slightly sick. Sore throat ,headache,and shaky in the morning and i felt odd but not necessarily in a bad way. I've had suicidal thoughts run rampant in my mind for a long time ,and the weeks and day before taking Prozac I was constantly thinking about suicide and more anxious and depressed then ever. Then the next day til now I haven't thought of it and I've almost completely changed . Ive always been quick to anger and even that has completely gone away since I started taking it .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi luckkyyou not everyone has the bad side effects , so I wouldn't question it an be happy with your results 😀 You sound as if your doing. Amazing good luck an keep positive x

• Posted

Thanks so much. I feel a lot better now and less worried I'll suddenly flip unexpectedly. 😊

• Posted

my friend was similar her dr said it was likely a placebo effect but still happy she felt good so it was fine. she waited a few weeks and the happy mellowed out not as strong but not gone either. I am hopeful for you but make sure you do things outside of the medicine as that turned out to be more of a band-aid to me and my friend-she only took it for a few months but only because she didnt need it after that she did not have super heavy issues. (I just try not to think of drug as permanent no matter how much the drug companies want your money)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.