Update on how I'm doing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Been on here for a few months now just wanted to update and ask for some advice

So I had severe depression and anxiety with intrusive thoughts absolute hell never thought I would get better,been on sertraline for 2 months and have improved immensely if anyone is struggling please try and stick with it however the intrusive thoughts wouldn't go so a very kind man on here suggested aripiprazole I was given this at 5mg and have been on it a month it worked wonders I can't believe how well I'm doing,however last week I had the coil removed and was told to increase the aripiprazole to 10mg last 2 days felt low & anxious bit confused now don't know if I should go back to 5mg now I'm panicking I'm going to get ill again any advice ? X

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Give yourself time on the medications it is still early days and several more months will help your recovery

Do not rush !!!!!

• Posted

Thanks think I'm going to go back down to 5mg think it worked better for me thanks for commenting x

• Posted

If you can break a pill try 7 Mg
    • Posted

Hi thankyou I'm going to stick with 5mg,just when you think your getting somewhere x

• Posted

Hi

I am on setroline 100mg  . I also had severe depression anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Sertroline stopped all of this it just takes a bit of time. Talking about the intrusive thoughts helped me and then they just went.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.