Convinced I have Stomach Cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, it's been quite a while since I posted on here. I'm very concerned that I have got stomach cancer. I have been suffering from symptoms for just over 2 months. During this time period I have had a lack of appetite and when I do eat, I find myself getting full up and bloated very quickly. During this two months I have been plagued by indigestion and acid reflux. Also burping and flatulence. I should add that I am a 23 year old male. About a month ago I did go to the doctors and after telling him of the symptoms he gave me Omeprazole pills to help with the acid reflux. After a month this has not helped at all. I have made another appointment but at this point I'm almost in full panic mode. I really hope somebody could reply to this post just to talk it through with me. Thanks very much guys 😊

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matthew. My husband had almost identical symptoms and it was a very inflamed bowel, a polyps, diverticulitis. So stop worrying about cancer at this point and get back to your doctor.
  • Posted

You should keep a food diary. of what you eat. And anything that gives you problems. Eliminate that and try something different for a few days only eat one of something different don't go changing a lot of things at the same time or you won't know what works or what doesn't. It sounds like your eating something that's not agreeing with you. And this will make you full of wind and bloat and come back up your neck. By writing down what you eat for breakfast dinner and lunch and then at the end of the day write down any symptoms you had that day. And do this every day until you eliminate the problem food. 😀 it works wonders. Bread and chirps any thing with artificial flavouring was my culprit. So glad I done this . I was like you I though every thing was wrong with me. The more I stressed about it , the more stomach problems I had. As stress upsets the digestive system. You'll be grand. Stop worrying.

• Posted

Hey,

What ended up happening with your symptoms? I'm 30 and going through the same thing just now, and am too scared out my wits. I can't pinpoint triggers and the doctor says it's just acid reflux on my own but after consulting Dr Google I drive myself up the wall and the symptoms seem so severe when they come on it makes me think I'm dying. So scared.

• Posted

As you're so scared why don't you go back to the doctor and tell him or get a second opinion?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.