1 year out on partial Achilles rupture

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone experience "stabbing" heel pain as far out as a year after an Achilles rupture (partial)?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Only 3 months out after full rupture and surgery and the heel pain is there. Do you have any numbness in your foot???
    • Posted

No numbness here, but I was put on the conservative treatment plan for a partial tear to the tendon and calf muscle so I did not have surgery. The numbness could be from that. I can tell I have some serious scarring to the tendon and I think that may be causing the pain. I am off to see the Dr again, but was curious to see if anyone experienced this a year later. Hopefully it will go away for you along with the numbness!
    • Posted

Hi faith. I am 11 months post a complete rupture with conservative treatment and no stabbing pains with me I'm  afraid. I used to get a lot of numbness and pins and needles in the first couple of months after I stopped wearing the boot but nothing for a long time now. I would get it checked if I were in your shoes. Mine is really thick compared to the other one but doesn't give any problems now. Good luck with yours!

• Posted

Had surgery on my Achilles tendon 6months ago and was stretching and tour the scar tissue now I'm a lot of pain.

• Posted

I have heel,pain but I think it's because were it heals I have had. Major surgery on my akillers and granted and tenants moved from one side of the foot to the other. And bone I am now in too the 12 week went to see surgeon in London last week and he said I have to keep it on then come out of the boot by February. Do it slowly , my Phoso  guy said to me today can I do one crutch I tryed but he said no you aren't quite ready it hard going ,,,I can only do gentle exercise as the tenants have been grafted the bone  and doesn't want to come away I have been down this road before when the docter did it wrong in Harley st ,,Jayson Hargreaves butcher he's not a.  Surgeon   Hope you are make a good recovery folks it's.  Patience and move our wrist exercises and do what you can do  🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.