Reccuring DV attack???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago, placed on augmentin for 10 days. By day 9 of treatment, I was feeling back to rnormal, eating healthier and starting to reintroduce fruits and veggies, and doing well. Then 2 days later, on my first day off antibiotics, I started my menstrual cycle with usual cramping and had some home made peanut butter and chocolate cookies (habit! rolleyes)The following day (yesterday) I started feeling some twinges on the left side. Today I am back on a clear diet, took my probiotics and aloe vera juice, I don't think I'm getting worse, but I also do not know what is going on. Inflammation from my period cramps and the cookies, or infection all over again?? Hesitating between holding on a clear diet for a couple of days or calling my doctor immediately.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Izzy,

I too had "something" happen again right after my antibiotics complete with fever but no bloodwork showed an infection after I ran to the doctor.  My pain and fever disappeared within 8 hours but if it had not or the test showed otherwise ...who knows?  

• Posted

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply. It is difficult to tell what is going on, I am new to this. I guess I'll continue to watch, just not.excited at the thought of more abx!

• Posted

Izzy,

Another veteran member was discussing movement a problem so I shared with her my physical therapist husbands advice which he has also had to treat me with when I used to have monthly pms. He explains that the psosas and illiacus muscles which act as the basket that hold our organs may be the culprit as well as visceral fascia.  You may wish to research trigger points and stretches for these two muscles. Just a thoughtbiggrin

• Posted

Oh no. I was diagnosed this april and for the next 3months I had flares when my menstrual started. I got on birth control to stop my periods because I couldn't take another flare.. so far no new flare. Still don't feel 100%normal. Ive had 2 ct scans.. so nothing going on in my ovaries. I was thinking the cramping was effecting my sensitive diverticulitis area and caused it to inflame again. Gastro doc and gyno doc did not know the connection. Very frustrating

• Posted

I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Frankly, the meds made me sick and I felt so miserable I finally thought surgery was the answer. So I went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get Metamucil and you will be fine. Also, stay away from greasy fried foods. Your body will tell you what you can eat. Be your own advocate and keep seeking knowledge.

Since that meeting I have had not one flare up and pain free. I take it twice per day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.