Tiredness is worrying me.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was winded today afterclimbing stairs,then went to my dept and started moving things around, again very winded and wiped out. I have been taking b vitamins and multivitamin. Im guessing this is the fibroid. My question is, if blood flow is feeding fibroid, would this make me anemic since basically its taking nourishment away? I have preop tommorow so hopefully everything will be fine.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a blood test for Iron and HGB. If not maybe worth asking for it to rule out if anaemic or low in iron. If you are low supplements could help. If your periods are heavyish in general it could deplete your reserves.
    • Posted

I am currently anemic and look pale and tired most days. It is hard to get out of bed each morning. Havibg my myomectomy in 2 weeks. I also suffer from hair loss due to the anemia and it is so bad that I am afraid to wash my hair now to watch more clumps fall.
  • Posted

Absolutely. I have had my operation opposite me was a girl on blood transfusion because she was anemic and had lost lots of blood because of Fibroids. I also felt constantly tired, no energy, felt like sleeping all the time.
  • Posted

Hi.thats a good question that I don't know the answer to, but a good point that could explain my tiredness as I don't have heavy blood loss.

I do get extremely tired soon after doing something quite minor .

I get all sorts of aches and pains from pelvic area.sorry I couldn't answer yur question.

• Posted

I was getting exhausted from minor things as well and I had a normal period. No blood loss. A blood test is a good idea.
    • Posted

Nice to hear u was the same.

Are u sorted now?

Did u have many fibroids x

• Posted

Check out my post 'life back after open Myomectomy '. I tell you I feel like a person again smile

• Posted

This sensation is common with anaemia. Blood flow to a fibroid would not cause anaemia as you are not losing blood. However if you have heavy menstrual bleeding you may well be anaemic.
  • Posted

Hi

What op are you having?

My blood loss when on my period is scary leaving me feeling drained and tearful for days.

I'm thinking that hysterectomy is my only option now.

• Posted

Ive done alot of reading and alot of times the more invasive treatments always end in hysterctomy anyway. I want to nip this is the bud so ive chosen hysterectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.