Pcos can I get pregnant??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 27 and got diagnosed with pcos about 3-4 years ago,  I have a monthly cycle I thought woman with PCOS dont have a regular cycle???

I am really really heavy when i am on my period I also suffer from terrible period pains sometimes they are that painfull I have a funny turn were my hearing gors all dull and get a ringing in my ears hot sweats and a sick/period pain feeling I after lay on a cold floor and close my eyes maintain the pain and wait until it passes its awful especially if your out in public and it just comes on the blood runs out of me.

I have hair growth in places were woman should'nt have hair its really embarassing as its getting worse and my weight is getting out of control,  I've just had major knee surgery so I'm not mobile at the moment, but after my recovery,  in the future I would like to start a family I am on no medication at all I just take paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain when im on my period, I also get boils to the lead up not every month but most,, is this normal ? is there any treatment ? I get very emotional and get so low and down is this because of the PCOS?? help!!!!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi natalie1989,

Most of the symptoms you described are typical to pcos, except the ringing in the ears, might be worth mentioning to your Dr!

For the painful side of things try Dong Quai (bought from any pharmacy) it might ease the menstrual pain up for you, it helped for me.

I wish you best of luck!!

• Posted

thanks czara1 I will try dong quai in the future and thanks for the reply 
  • Posted

It's possible, the doctors told me I'd never get pregnant because my ovaries were so bad. I'm 8 weeks pregnant now... shows they don't know everything. Try not to 'overtry' or overthink it it will happen naturally. Good luck!

• Posted

congratulations laura and you are right doctors don't kow everything my time will come ive just got to  keep positive and thanks for the reasurrance means alot biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.