L1 fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I has a bad fall 2 yrs ago , landing on back broken L1 . I was in full back brace for 10 weeks with no improvement. So I had kyphoplasty 2 weeks later . Initially there was improvement . but I after so long you stop trying to lay flat on back asleep and what with moving in sleep . I wake up in chronic pain , also after walking for a while . It seems to be getting worse with a lot of nerve pain in left thigh and buttock .also I have started getting urinary incontinence.

Is there anyone out in similar situation ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I suspect you have a disc compression of the nerve roots...doctor pronto, just give symptoms as you did above.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

I went to Dr's Friday last and she put me back on gabapentin. . But it's not really helping if anything getting worse . I will make another app .

• Posted

I have to agree with ihavenonickname. I was always told that if you lose control of your bladder it is a bad thing. So as she says "doctor pronto"

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

• Posted

Hi Susan,

How are you doing?

I think your compression is way low like L5.

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.