FLUOROQUINOLONE IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRY

Posted , 3 users are following.

For some how the GENERIC fluoroquinolone adverse effect in third world country is not as bad as the one in North America due to their genetic make. Cipro for example. In Indonesia where I live now. Cipro sold like crazy . Its a favorite medicine for doctor and patients. There are two different company here produce Cipro. Still using name Cipro. The lady who help us cooking here had ear infection and doctor gave Cipro 500mg for one week. I ask if she experience any word symptom she say no. But its not packed/produced by BAYER.

I my self was attacked severely in USA in 2015. I am the world worst victim of Cipro (BAYER)500mgx2 for two weeks. Worst than Bob Grazier, John Fratti, Mark and there especially at CNS part.. Cipro damage my whole system and dying now and COMPLETE INABILITY TO SLEEP for more than a year and damage mitochondria and tendon, organs brain etc

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jiwa,

I don't agree that the difference is because the Cipro was a generic brand. Many people in the USA and UK seem to be able to take more than one course of it with no ill-effects.  Others, however, take just a couple of tablets and BAM - everything goes wrong!  The problem with raising awareness around the world is because statistically not enough people have been damaged by fluoroquinolones (yet!).

I strongly suggest you advise your cook to avoid Cipro and the other fluoroquinolones in future or she may be affected as badly as you have been.  (Remember you  took it for 2 weeks while she only took it for one - who knows if another week's worth might have affected her).  I don't know the names of the other quins in Indonesia but you probably do or can look them up - they're all as bad as each other, including the generic brands.  (A guy has written on another thread here that he took Cipro occasionally over many years for prostatitis but then took a generic version and now he's very ill).

I'm so sorry that you have been very badly affected but grateful that you are able to post on here so that others can read your warning.  I just don't agree that generics are any more (or any less) safer than the originals.  The best advice is to NEVER take a fluoroquinolone unless it's a case of life or death.  Doctors find quins very useful because they are broad spectrum and so saves them from trying to figure out what type of bug you've got.  They are very strong drugs, designed to be used as a last resort but globally doctors are misusing and over prescribing them - which is why you are so ill my friend.

Take care of yourself and try to stay positive - even though you are so ill, if you can warn people against these terrible drugs you are doing a good job.

• Posted

I was given Cipro for a simple urinary tract infection in 2003 in the US. I had a reaction to the second pill and the doctor just thought my sickness needed more Cipro. The more he gave me the more sick I became. Before it was over he had given me more than 70, 500mg of Cipro and Levaquin. Before Cipro I was a runner training for a marathon. After Cipro I was bed ridden for 3 years. It affected every cell in my body. I am now nearly blind. I have nearly died more than once and have permanent heart damage. Every organ has been damaged. I am still going through relapse and remissions. It feels like I am climbing in and out of my coffin each time. My hands are damaged and my feet are damaged. I recently started an herbal and raw food regiment- the healing crisis is almost unbearable but I feel like for the first time I am beginning to improve. It has been 13 years this past October - 13 years of spending 24/7 trying to figure out how to survive - my life was robbed! I am hopeful and haven't yet given up.

• Posted

Hi Terri,

I do feel for you and sincerely hope your raw food regime helps you.  I started a group for UK floxies after my husband was floxed as we could only find US groups.  It's heartbreaking to get to know my 'new friends' and their stories.  So often I hear things like the doc "doesn't want to know" or he "said to keep taking the tablets".

I'll pass on your suggestion about a herbal and raw food regime as many are so desperately looking for answers.  About 25 years ago I read about how a raw food diet is really beneficial for anybody (from Leslie Kenton I think), so this doesn't surprise me.

I hope you continue to improve as any improvement has got to be better than no improvement!  With Best Wishes, Miriam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.