Frozen shoulder

Posted , 9 users are following.

After having frozen shoulder in Rt shoulder, I am now experiencing it in my left. right shoulder cleared up after about a year now my left is causing me tremendous pain and lack of range of motion.  I cannot lift my arm over my head, or reach across my body, or reach my back. I have had an MRI showed adhesive capsuilitis, partial tear in rotator cuff, among other things. After weeks of painful Pyhsical therapy, cortisone shots MY orthopedics has said i need the manipulation surgery. Not really sure what to expect but at least 6 weeks recovery time..Procedure is set for Nov. 22, 2016. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Mine is scheduled for nov 30th hope we both get both results! I've read the good and the bad but it seems majority say good? I'm super apprehensive in so much pain cAnt imagine what I'm going to feel after): I am also having capsular release at same time are you?

• Posted

No i dont think thatwas listed as part of the procedure.. but who knows..LOL 
    • Posted

Hi! Allison I had the surgery on the 22 of November..was in sling 24 hours. Doctor told me to move it carefully so it does not freeze again..OK. but he didnot say anything about the pain..LOL. still hurts six days later. I have some movement but do not want to over do it til I see him on Wednesday the 30th. I have three sites that were sutered closed which i am sure is part of my pain. will keep you posted after docot visit.. good luck with your procedure..
  • Posted

I came home from arthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint, drill out bone spurs, etc and a machine followed me home. I had to sit in it much of the day while it moved my arm up and down. The shoulder is frozen from scar tissue we throw down to protect it from the inflammation. So if you don't keep up with exercises Etc it can freeze again!  Good luck to you.  I'm shocked that they are going to manipulate it when they know you have a tear in your rotator cuff. I would get a second opinion on that.  

• Posted

Doctor states only partial tear so no really concerned as it will heal..I guess I will see what he does when I get out..but will ask that question before i go in..thanks

• Posted

I do sometimes wonder if 'frozen shoulder' is one of those phrases the medical establishment attaches to something when they don't really know what's going on.rolleyes

I'm STILL waiting to see someone about my right shoulder. It was 'frozen' for about 3 months last year. It is now creaking and clicking and VERY painful. The tendons are all very tight. It has now started in the left shoulder - 'frozen' for a couple of weeks in March (following an accident). I have had both Private and NHS physio, (varied treatment with the private one and an exercise sheet with the NHS) Nothing much has help long-term.

I DO find Epsom salts baths help as do massages with a mix of frankincense, lavender and ginger essential oils.

I really hope your treatment works and you get some relief from this misery. I wish I could!

• Posted

Hi I've my own discussion on this going through same problem last 11 months ,second shoulder too. I've tried physio, cortisone injections , NSAIDs, anti inflammatory gels, hydrotherapy and all the rest. Had X-rays and MRI which came up pretty negative. My physio recommended I try acupuncture so I looked up a place in my town which does it, booked myself in for this morning and went! The guy was also a physiotherapist and after he went through my history and my ROM he asked me had I ever been in a car accident which I had been years ago. He said there was absolutely no way I had frozen shoulder which my doc and other physio had me diagnosed with. He suggested to do some work on my neck and using pressure around my neck freed up my ROM slightly and I felt better than I had in months. I can't wait to return next week. I'm very positive this guy is on to something! I had myself convinced I was soon to be a candidate for surgery but he is adamant I should see a significant improvement in a fortnight!! So have someone check your neck too , this frozen shoulder could be mistaken too many times.

• Posted

Good luck with the MUA, I have had it done three times, twice on the left side (2014) still have had it on the right side this year.

It's does help for a while and is not that painful, but I still have trouble sleeping at night because of the pain.

Due to see the consultant again in a few weeks.

• Posted

Hi! all. I had my procedure on the 22 of November. It was in sling for 24 hours then told by docotr to take off and move my arm so it does not freeze again. OK but he did not mention the pain I would be in..med ok but does not last the night. I am moving my arm but dont want to over do it until I see him on the 30th. I have three openings on top and side of my shoulder, not sure how many suters but quite uncomfortable..So as always I will keep you posted of my prgress. I would imagine its back to physical therapy to get my mucsle tone and strenght back. so we shall see. good luck to all and God Bless...
    • Posted

Dara wondering how are you doing with your surgery. I had mine 4 weeks ago and still Im in a lot of pain and my range of motion still tight. I can feel my joi t is more free for sure but Im not sure if this will be enough???

Any thoughts of anyone that went through this already???

Thanks and all the best to you, hopefully you are doing better then me.

• Posted

only 6 days out and still have pain but i guess that is expected..I have three surgical sites on the top of my shoulder. I can move it to some extent but i dont want to over do it. I go see my doc on wed. the 30 for my follow up. will keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.