Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had anxiety attack last week doctors said could be due to stress chest feels very sore like iv over worked.my self in a gym finding my self breathless and dizzy spells dry mouth and heart racing all tho most symptoms have calmed down can still feel heart racing and chest sore and breathless how long will this last.???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sara, if you've been properly tested for heart issues, try not to worry too badly about the chest pains. As you know, fibro can strike anywhere, even the chest, and those pains could just be your fibro. The increased pulse can be due to you being anxious about the chest pain. If you attribute it to fibro in your mind, you can deal with it in the same way you deal with any other fibro pain (meds, warm water bottle, gentle stretching, etc). Another cause (aside from stress, or actual heart problems which hopefully have already been ruled out) can be the thyroid. Do you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis? About 1 in 3 people with FM do. It can cause racing heartbeat as well as palpitations, anxiety, etc. If you haven't had your thyroid peroxidase antibody level checked, please do. Anything over 8 is positive for Hashimoto's, the most common autoimmune condition. Having your TSH or T3/T4 levels checked isn't enough to diagnose or rule it out. Many doctors still don't know this.

• Posted

I suffer fibromyalgia too and they put me on the med Amitriptilline must say they've helped a lil not much but a lil.

• Posted

I've heard some good things about Amitriptyline for fibro. It's an older med, which at least means it's better understood than some newer meds. Also tends to be cheaper if it's not brand new on the market.

• Posted

Thank you all for comments I do have under active thyroid on meds for that and doing a house move docs say could be stress of that so will see how I am once iv moved iv got to go back to doctors in 3weeks time
  • Posted

It's a very scary feeling! I suffer anxiety panic attacks and a lot of times I b afraid to b by myself but breathing n relaxation helps a lot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.