Amitriptyline side effect

Posted , 3 users are following.

I getting really hot an heat rash on my arms i feel wierd think im having allergic reaction so I'm probably going to lower my dose and come off of it

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Morning. It does sound like a reaction to me and you're wise to come off it. Get help if you feel worse.

Paulax

• Posted

Thank you an that is what im thinking too i have tried about 5 drugs 1 of them i can still take an it works but the side effects kinda suck it oxcarbazpine. Tegtrol makes me drunk an hurt all over. Topax makes me cant eat an Lyrica makes my left arm weak an i can feel my heart trobbing in my arm freaky
  • Posted

Yes, sounds like a bad reaction. Trouble is, we're all different. I can't take amitrip at all, even a low dose knocks me out but I can take industrial amounts of Tegretol which only give me a bit of a skin rash on upper face. There are loads of people on this site and elsewhere who have really complex reactions to some drugs. You're very wise to reduce your dose slowly over a few days and then stop it. Trouble is, you'll need to get something else, especially if you can't sleep with the pain. Your practitioner should be able to sort you out quickly.

Good luck

Big D

• Posted

Yeah the pain is intense i usually can sleep even in lots of pain an i have Klonopin for sleep aid amitriptyline worked great for about 1 month an half an then quit working so i went up on dose an my eyes started burning an face got hot an my arms burned an i eventually broke out with a heat rash that went away later on in the night when i lower my dose down to 8 mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.