Has anyone else had a lupus butterfly rash like this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've always had just a red butterfly rash. Till last week I noticed my skin on my face looked yucky so I did a facial peal but it just got worse!! IT seemed like yet was this clear liquid on my skin and that dried and got hard. I have been washing my face twice a day but it keeps happening!! It is where the basic butterfly rash is (cheeks and bridge of my nose) but it's also under my lips but above my chin. It doesn't seem to have color but it does burn. It's real weird and it's not all over where it hardens, just patches. MY Dr said it was just part of the butterfly rash but I've never heard of it doing that. ANYONE else have this also?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

yes, this is a typical presentation of lupus.

Stop washing your face . you wikk scar.

In the USA I recommend It Cosmetics CC Cream and Bye Bye Undereye as a concealer.

I wash my face with Philosopy

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Thank you! I have childhood lupus so I've had lupus for 16 yrs (I'm 29) and I've never had the rash like this. It's hard not to pick at it or scratch it. When I wash my fave it hurt like heck but afterwards it seems to feel better.

Right under my nose where my nostrils where it meets my face, it's gets bad and very painful.

Do you know what the clear fluid is? I don't even know where to start Googling to find out what it Is

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

The clear fluid is serum from the broken vessels...

No picking, no scratching!

You can consider cleansing with the Philosophy line.

Either Google these or search eBay

• Posted

I've had many rashes with lupus that seep.  Mine seep white blood cells.  It's very hard to see..but they are in there. But it could be a herpes simplex type of rash.  They seep too.  I'd see a derm to do a biopsy

• Posted

Kind of like this Danielle?  I have a malar that gets worse during flares- but this is different..during a flare my (I"m very photosensitive) the skin on my face hardened- as you can see.  Because I have the antibodies also for mctd and sclero my rheumie said it looked much like scleroderma- it doesn't happen everytime- and never as bad as it did in this pic.  I'd see a derm when you have it and get a biopsy done.  :D

• Posted

it appears exactly like scleroderma!

A dear friend of mine has scleroderma.

It looks painful ..so sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.