14 year old with second event of HSP

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 14 year old had her initial bout with HSP 6 years ago. Recently she had an upper respiratory infection. As her URI was resolving, rashes appeared on her elbows, knees, ankles/feet, shoulders, and face and neck. Within a few days rashes started to resolve and the swelling kicked in. She still has swelling and discomfort in her fingers/hands and her ankles. I took her to a pediatric NP today who told me her symptoms are due to a virus because HSP rarely reoccurs especially 6 years after initial diagnosis. She went on to tell me my daughter's symptoms went away too quickly and that is could not have been And that is why she believes it is a virus. Any thoughts from those with more experience with HSP? The symptoms my daughter has had this time around mimic her initial event.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't have experience with this for the second time around but what I have read says the symptoms can reappear but much milder and usually reappears at least once. Sounds like your dr isn't too informed about HSP. ??

• Posted

We saw the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. I am going to speak with her pediatrician when he gets back into the office.
    • Posted

Thank you for verifying my thoughts!! I appreciate your time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.