🔥burning pain on ball of foot🔥

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I am 4 weeks post op and was wondering if this pain at this stage was normal.

I don't remember feeling this last time.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thing but now at 5 weeks it is starting to go away.

• Posted

Hi sherry

Glad to hear that. It's coming and going. Hoping it's all part of the healing process😦

It just gives you a bit of peace of mind when you know someone else has been through it.

Thanks Sherry

• Posted

I too experienced a lot of pain were you much younger with the first one? I have noticed a trend the older patients like me almost 50 take longer to heal. I had a friend in her thirties who had it and she bounced right back. I am at 8 weeks and doing much better still struggling with being a little off balanced, stiffness in big toe and swelling. But things have much improved my goal now is to break up scar tissue with exercises and not try to over do it which is a lot easier said than done. Hope this helps ease your mind :-)
    • Posted

Thanks for your message

Well I was 40 with the first one and I've just turned 42...so not really that much of a difference.

I suppose every surgery is different too.

I'm still in bandage right now for another 2 weeks.

Good luck with your healing too. ?

• Posted

Hi, Jazzy. I have had a minimally invasive surgery (MIS) on my right foot on October 4th and I still have a lot of swelling. Pain comes and goes and feels like burning. I have already schedulled a MIS on my left foot for November 29th and I'm quite nervous 'cause I don't know if I will be able to handle pain and swelling in both feet. On the other hand, I want to get the second operation as soon as possible in order to end this whole "feet nightmare" once and for all.  

• Posted

Mine was done on Oct 6th and it is still swollen and painful when I try to walk on it. Don't know how you could do another one. Good luck!

• Posted

Well, it's not an easy decision. I wanted to have both feet operated on at the same time but my surgeon said that I would not be able to clean my body without any foot.

I see that most women who decide to wait for the second surgery then decide to wait longer and longer... I'm 38 and very active. I dream about running again or at least cycling... So this is my reasoning: my life is already a mess with the operated foot. Could it become much worser? It seem like the decision of having a second baby. Should you wait and "forget" about the nights without sleeping and the diapers or should you do it without waiting much time?   

• Posted

Hi

Well the first time I had my surgery was 2 years ago. I had both feet done together. I was glad I did because I wasn't in a lot of pain and the swelling wad minimal and only lasted a couple of months.

But the downside was the surgery was under corrected and I wasn't happy with it and got referred to another surgeon .

He seemed really good and said he could do revision surgery on me but only on one foot this time due to it being more risky.

If I had a choice then I would have gone for both again because the whole process seems so long and to go through it again 😣

So anyway I had surgery on the 12th October on one foot and I'm quite glad it was only the one this time because it does feel different this time round and do find doing things a bit more difficult especially having a bath😧

I do think though it all depends on the extent of surgery you've had done. The first time I had scarf osteotomy. This time I've had 1st metatarsal osteotomy and akin osteotomy. Don't think I could have handled that on both feet.

I hope this time round the swelling doesn't last too long .....fingers crossed 🙈

• Posted

Hi again, Jazz. I didn´t know your full story. It´s terrible!!!! I hope this time everything turns out OK: I think we only have to be very very very patient... though it's not easy. But living with bunions is not easy either. So, all in all, there is no other way to take... (sorry for my poor English, my mother tongue is Spanish). 

• Posted

Thank you very very very much, Jazzym!!!! smile How is your foot now??? Less swollen??? Mine is much better but I can't wear a regular shoe yet. I will keeo on writing here. It's very nice having this forum 'cause relatives and friends get tired of listening about bunions!!!!   

• Posted

Well I finally was allowed to go back to work today and walk in a running shoe only. It took 3 pair to try on and I had to wear an entire size bigger.

anyone know how ong it takes until you can fit in you normal size shoe? Had my surgery Oct. 6

• Posted

I had my right foot operated on on October 4th and I'm still unable to wear normal size shoes (I would like to wear sandals because I live in Argentina and it's spring here). Instead of buying extra pairs of shoes I keep on wearing the post surgery shoe. Well, I'd rather take a shower and get on time for my second surgery today!!! Wish me luck!!!  

• Posted

Thanks!!! Surgery has already finished and so far so good (because I still have the effect of theĀ anaesthetic).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.