Beacita 120mg capsules hard. Orlistat. Do they work for everyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im 25 and a half stone: I've finally found a dr that is helping me! She is extremely nice and supportive! She's prescribed me beacita 2 days ago. I started taking them straight away with every meal. This morning with my breakfast is my 6th tablet. I still have no change. I'm sorry if tmi.... but if anything I'm struggling to poop.... I know by now I should have looser bowls as I've had cheese on top of my pasta and butter on my bread etc... I don't feel as tho they are working? Do they take time to make me go or am I unlucky?? I'm really confused as all I see online is how good they work ): I'm at rock bottom and I am determined to get this weight loss off!

Please no nasty comments. I'm trying to get rid of the weight.

Tia x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was similar to you reached 22 stone and had tried every diet possible and also the tablets you mentioned.

When I took them I ate healthy and never lost a thing. I was like you too and they made me constipated but in all honesty it won't happen over night it will take a few weeks for your body to get use to them. Try making sure your drinking 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day aswell as will keep you hydrated too.

Pasta with cheese and bread with butter depending on amounts you eat etc are ok but too many cards in the diet can sometimes cause you to get blocked also and not loose weight.

Everyone's body is different and different things work for different people.

I have polycyclic ovaries and also am bipolar so that along with meds I take caused weight gain and I found cutting back on my carbs helped but not much.

In the end I opted for the gastric band, my last resort in the fight against my weight and as much as people say it is the easiest option I have found it the hardest but most rewarding. I have lost 6 and a half stone in just under 5 months.

When it comes to loosing weight you need to have the correct mind set and it will power you on.

Good luck in your weight loss

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I relate to you in so many ways! I don't have bi polar but I have tendencies and ptsd and sever depression which is all under control with mess. The dr wants me to have gastric surgery but has edged me to lose weight on these pills first to get to the 10% lower weight! I'm going shopping Saturday as I haven't been paid yet I'm going to stock up on fruit and veg also. I'll bear in mind about the water! X

• Posted

I decided to go private in long run as my doctor wouldn't consider me for a gastric band through NHS so saved up for it and took the plunge.

I have to admit my bipolar is alot more manageable now that what it use to be when I was heavier.

It's a long hard journey but keep at it as it's worth it in long run. I go to a personal trainer twice a week now, something I'd have never dreamed of doing before.

• Posted

Hi dona do u have alot of loose skin and lost your hair?
    • Posted

I have some loose skin but mostly my bingo wings if anywhere. My legs are ok and my tummy area I just have an empty mummy tummy lol. My hair use to fall out alot around the 6 MTH mark but it's evened out now but I have really thick hair anyway and I wear extensions too so I'm never sure if it's hair loss due to band or if it's due to my extensions. I've lost 13 stone in total now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.