Venlafaxine side effects still after 4 weeks is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been on venlafaxine for 4 weeks.

I feel nauseous since upping the dose from 37.5mg to 75mg. Also my mood has not improved at all if anything gotten worse. I am feeling emotionless, very flat.

Anyone have these symptoms and how long until they go away before I give up. I've been on every single anti depressant there is in the uk!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I ve just started ven and the side effects are awful also tried citalopram sertraline and Prozac ...all made me feel the same My doctor said we are "scraping the bottom of the Barrel" now as the first line meds don't suit me doesn't fill me with much hope to be honest ..I'm U.K. to

• Posted

Hi, I went on to Venlafaxine at 37.5mg per day and I was troubled with nausea for the first three weeks. It went away after my dose was raised to 75mg.
  • Posted

Poor girl. Guess I thought feeling emotionless was better than down & desperate. I started off on 75mg and increased to 150mg. I tried a few anti depressants and it did help me eventually, motivated but still agitated which settled.

I have currently cut from 150 mg to 75mg over 3 weeks by going from 150mg to 137.5mg, essentially 25 percent less. Now I'm on 50 percent less is 75mg for another 3weeks, the half again till I'm no longer taking it. I have been fine so far!

• Posted

Thanks for your comments everyone. So I've stopped feeling sick now yippee but don't feel myself very flat and I should add I'm tapering off paroxetine at the same time because i have never been able to stop taking it due to the horrific withdrawal and I get the worst anxiety. Me and my doc thought it was best to do a cross over so maybe it's going to get better when I finally get off the paroxetine.

I will say that I can honestly say meds are not the answer they mask things and 12 years of suffering is proof of that but with the ridiculous waiting lists for therapys what can you do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.