Meditation to reduce Hypertension?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried any of the breathing excercises to control Hypertension? What were the results?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've been doing it for quite a while and it's basically to control your blood pressure and not make it worse. It helps me relax and controls any anxiety or stress. But the bottom line on it is it doesn't reduce it. I was told to drink hot tea like hibiscus or black tea and I've done that but it keeps it the same.

• Posted

I also tried relaxation techniques and they did nothing to reduce my Hypertension. Infact every 15 min of the breathing exercise my readings went up. But reaserch says it reduces hypertension. I thought maybe I have wrong breathing exercises or there is something wrong I am doing.
  • Posted

It does work, but only on a very short-term basis.  If it worked long-term, by now everyone would know about it.
    • Posted

Exactly.  I'm all for natural things, God knows I hate taking medication for hypertension......but unfortunately, that is the way it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.