Help! Does this sounds like lyme disease?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've shown symptoms of a flu/cold for 3 mths. Docs are stumped, slapping weak diagnosis' like acid reflux, deviated septum. Been on 3 rounds of antibiotics so it's clearly not bacterial. Initially was a bad flu and I've never fully recovered. Walk in Doc said I tested positive for strep with the in office test with that visit. At this point very visible infection on tonsils. The infection on tonsils returns if I discontinue use of salt water rinses.

Symptoms include:

Swollen glands/tonsils

- puss on them from time to time

Sinus congestion/runny nose

Head pressure

Foggy head/difficult to concentrate/zombie like

Heavy head and eyes

Weakness

Exhaustion after full nights rest/lethargy

General malaise

New symptom: nerve tingling., was told it was anxiety

Depression/anxiety but from all these symptoms and it affecting my life

Dry eyes/stingy eyes

Tickling in throat

Chills

(Symptoms I thought that were unrelated)

Sore stiff neck.

Night sweats, but I've had these in past

Allergic reaction, almost anaphylaxis to the point neck and ears began to swell, tomatoe looking from head to toe, burning from inside out and happened while I was sleeping so food wasn't a factor. Never had a diagnosis for this but just read ppl have had the reaction from tick saliva.

Doctors have completed all routine tests and all have come back negative. For mono, anemia, thyroid, blood cells, further strep tests showed up negative with her. Went to ENT and was told nothing was wrong. Doctors are now questioning my mental health and I'm missing too much work.

Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How old are you, and male or female if you don't mind me asking? 

• Posted

Female. Age 33. Also doc found this type of cyst on kidney. Forgot to post that. This was prior to me showing these symptoms. Irritability and found that I've had a change in my character. I've become more assertive, forthright but professional with ppl in my life. Worrying less about the consequences of what it is I say. My vision also seems to be blurry.

• Posted

Hi. The reason I asked is because a lot of your symptoms, even most, can be a sign of peri menopause. Rare in someone your age but not unheard of. There are ladies your age on the menopause forum suffering similar to you. Maybe you could have a read through some of the posts on the menopause forum to see if you can relate. Especially if you don't recall a tick bite.

Doctors will tell you you are too young for peri meno but it is a possibility and there are many supplements recommended to help your symptoms.

Hormone levels are difficult to test as they fluctuate through the month.

Hope you find something to help you, take care x

• Posted

Haii shell, a lot of these sound like Lyme symptoms but because Lyme symptoms are so vague and I'm not a a doctor I can't say that it is or isn't Lyme but it's definitely suspicious esp bcz ur having all these symptoms and nothing has been found to explain them. That's exactly what happened with me and it definitely makes u feel like ur going crazy, just know ur not. I would definitely look into getting a specialized Lyme test done...the usual ones they use in the docs office to test for will give u a false negative so if u do get tested make sure it's the right one. When my doctor had me tested i had to order it online from a lab and then have it sent back for analysis which took about a month and they didn't take insurance so it wus pretty pricey...around 5 hundred dollars I think, so just be prepared. But in my opinion with everything u are going through and the fact that it's been going on for months now, a test would not b a bad idea. I saw u also mentioned something about cysts on ur kidneys, I also have cysts on my kidneys as well, however, I can't say for sure if it's Lyme related or not. Anyways I hope this helps somewhat and I hope u get the answers u need and ur health back in order!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.