Ongoing symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all, not to sure if i actually have glandular fever yet or not as the doctors say that according to blood work i have been infected with EBV previously, still waiting on more tests to get an answer.

But here goes, it started back in august when i visited the doctor for a phlegmy cough a sore throat and shortness of breath, they took some blood tests and did a chest xray. Chest xray showed some bronchitis so was given antibiotics. A couple of days had passed and i had since spiked in temperature my entire body was aching, could barely swallow my throat was that sore swollen and puss spotted. But when i went back in for the blood results i was told they showed i had previously been infected and couldnt have it again. It has been almost 3 months and although the sore throat has disappeared, my glands are still enlarged, i have no energy or appetite and my body still aches. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

I have just had a follow up xray and more bloods taken aswell as an ultrasound of my glands

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Kurt,

Sorry you're feel so ill still. It sounds like glandular fever to me. I'm not an expert, however, I have had it for 11 months. So I'm fairly clued up 😜

I'm 99% sure you can get it more than once, in fact I've spoken to people that have had it twice.

It will get better,and things will settle down. Just stay positive, eat healthy, drink plenty and rest as much as possible

Eden x

• Posted

Hey eden thanks for the reply. I have been so worried for ages about this as it has spiked my anxiety through the roof and I constantly feel like i have something severely wrong with me. The fact the doctors cant even find out whats wrong is very worrying, i am hoping it is all just glandular fever so i can stop worrying so much!
    • Posted

Anxiety is also a symptoms. I had never suffered with it before now. I've also felt what I would describe as paranoia, it's often so bad that I'll drive a different way to get somewhere as I'm scared I'll see people and they'll judge me for being out the house.

It messes with your head. Anything that you think is safe from symptoms doesn't stay safe for long. I literally feel that if I wrote a list of symptoms I've had/still have it would be at least 2 pages of A4 long haha!

• Posted

Until i get a diagnosis from the doc on whats going on with me i dont think ill be the same as i once was im such a worry wart and a sad sack right now and i can feel every little pain i have
    • Posted

I am having the same anxiety--thanks for verbalizing it for me!
  • Posted

Hey Kurt,

I can so relate to you. I went into see my doctor in June as I had "two lots of tonsillitis" only to be tested for EBV and to be told I had gotten it in either April or May.

Fast forward to now (November) and I am currently having a relapse to what I assume. My symptoms are a really stiff neck and a throat that feels like I have a hole in it. A week ago my arms felt huge and under my armpits felt so 'wide'.

I have had so much anxiety and stress over this illness, so I can relate to you. And I to keep thinking that there is something else wrong with me. I had blood tests done a about a month ago on my thyroid , it's fine and a full blood count which came back normal. I went into the doctor on Wednesday with these symptoms she felt my neck and armpits and couldn't feel anything, my blood pressure was perfect nothing on my chest. But I can't shake the feeling.

This virus is so devistating on the body. Please know that you are not alone. I have probably had my worst year and now with this relapse I just don't know anymore. From what you've described it's pretty clear that you are suffering from symptoms we all have but please let us know if any of your other test results come back with anything else. Please take care and message me directly on here if you need to chat!

X

• Posted

HI Kurt,  this is my second go round with GF (mononucleosis). I had it in college and was only sick for a month.  Now I am 61 year old and have been struggling with this nasty virus for 11months.  Your symptoms sound similar to mine.  Keep in good connection with your doctor.  Mine has been so very helpful in checking for complications (I had a few minor ones) and encouraging me that I will get better--it just takes time.  My dad had mono when he was 71 year old, the fatigue lasted for 18 months. But he did get over it!!!  So I am encouraged that I will also.  

I spend 4 months I bed or on the couch doing nothing.  Now I am working 1 or 2 days a week.  I am still easily fatigued and cannot go out two days in a row.  I choose my outings very carefully and often have to leave early.  The social anxiety I have is overwhelming--unlike anything I have ever felt before.

we will get better!

• Posted

Hey all after more blood tests i dont have glandular fever apparently

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.