Focal epilepsy can someone help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can someone please help me my 6 year old. was having her medicine as normal before bed in a drink an she's split most of it. AV rang 111 an they've told me just to keep a eye on her it's the first time she's missed a dose. An she had her normal dose this morning. As anyone else done this or would u wake her up an take her the hospital. She's not long been diagnosed Am nearly having a panic attack over it am in bed with her now. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My 10 year old missed her night dose at a sleepover. We found out a week later!

keep an eye on her. Try not to panic too much. Maybe sleep in with her if you can.

• Posted

Forget to say my daughters not long diagnosed either and we had just reached her max dose that week. I was livid that her meds weren't given and panicked also. Epilepsy is scary for sure.

• Posted

I'm often forgetting my sons medicine. Before school last week we both couldn't remember whether or not I'd given him it. So I gave him half a dose. But on several occasions I've realised he's missed one. He's been fine. But he hasn't had any seizures for 4 years anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.