appointment at last!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yippee, at long last I have an appointment with the Consultant Haemotologist on Tuesday 9.15 am and because my memory is not as sharp as it was, my wife will be there at the consultation,  So, hopefully we shall have some answers to questions.     Most people on this forum know my plight, viz., liver ablation to remove a tumour, diabetes melitus, small liesion on my windpipe, severe arthritis, carpel tunnel,  to name a few and my ferritin level will not reduce even when I give blood weekly.  It is up 900 then down 300 and then up 600 and down 150, all the time..   I have been giving blood since April 2015 initially fortnightly but for the last 12 weeks, weekly, but no progress.    There must be a reason why this is happening.     I shall post the outcome of my meeting with the Consultant on Tuesday next week.    regards Glyn

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

All the best with that, how frustrating for you. Be sure and give updates.
    • Posted

I shall report the result of my apointment later on Tuesday and hopefully I shall have answers to the questions, regards Glyn
  • Posted

Hi Glyn

Great news mate,make good use of the appointment, write things we

Are all guilty of forgetting to ask things,

Keep us updated

Cheers philx

• Posted

Hi, yes I shall write down my questions before I go and I shall post the result of my appointment later on Tuesday, regards Ross
  • Posted

Please can I ask how long you've been waiting for your first appointment

Only I've been waiting nearly a year now & feel so frustrated

Hope everything goes well for you in the meantime

• Posted

Hi, today was my first appointment with the consultant since diagnosis in April 2015 so quite a while and during this period of time I have been giving blood initially fortnightly and in the last three months or so , weekly but my ferritin level is up and down all the time.   During my consultation, I asked questions, lots of them, and to be honest I didn't learn anything knew, just that I should continue to give blood weekly.   He did say that there are many factors which can cause the ferritin level to rise. inflammation, infection, etc. and some people absorb more iron than others and finished by saying.... keep the faith.     My wife on leaving the hospital said, 'what a waste of time that was'   Tomorrow, I am giving yet another pink of blood and I shall take each day as it comes, regards Glyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.