LP rash turning dark brown...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help.. i am suffering from LP from last few months..now there is change in my LP rash ..they are turning from pink to brown / black ...please anybody have idea whether this is good sign or what?...

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, in my experience it's a good sign. For me, when my rash turns brown almost black it's beginning to heal and eventually (very very slowly lol!) it will start to fade - sometimes, unfortunately, leaving dark scars, especially the areas I scratched the most.

• Posted

Hey..thank u for your information..so I think my lp is healing...looking forward for good...hopefully..how much days it takes..?
    • Posted

For me it never takes days...months....up to 6 months for dark marks to begin to fade. I had a really bad area on my feet in Jan - still got the black marks now so i can't really say how long.

• Posted

Okk...I can understand.. Do your Lp recurrs? If yes...at the same place where it had left mark earlier...sorry for these questions..but I fear that my lp will recurr in future..will it affect my life quality I don't know..feeling depress..

• Posted

It is very depressing yes! It hasn't come back so far. I had oral lp before then the rash on my skin. I've read it can be stress related & it did appear when I was having a hard time (lost job very ill etc). I really do believe it's stress related because as soon as my life got better the rash began to heal. Just try and stay positive!

• Posted

hi... just trying to stay positive ..but recently i have experiencing something different..i.e. from some of LP rash skin is getting removed ...i dont know how to write it.. you have any idea about it...it is like when we get injured skin peels when wound heals..similarly my skin is peeling from my rash.. and itching has stopped completely..
  • Posted

This is just a color change as the leisions become inactive ... nothing to worry about 👍🏻

• Posted

Hello all, recently I started experimenting with Hydrogen Peroxide to get rid of the dark scaring left behind. Hydrogen Peroxide is used as a bleaching agent in cosmetic products and in teeth whiteing. I add it to my lotion to thin it and it seems to be working. Has anyone else came across this?
    • Posted

Not tried any thing yet..just hoping that all lp lesion turns dark brown..because I read that this is an indication of cure...first small black dot appears in lp lesion and then gradually lesion becomes brown..is that was same process for u...the process is very slow..fadeup now
    • Posted

Hello pooja,

Yes, that sounds about right. I was recently diagnosed about 3 months ago and have noticed the legions turning brown. The hydrogen Peroxide has helped me see the greatest improvement in the scaring left behind. I've read there is UV light theary that also helps with the scaring but most insurances don't cover all the cost. Ive done a little searching and found that hydrogen Peroxide not only cleans and disinfects but over the time of about 3-6 months it will have removed dark spots or (age spots) scars and bleach the skin. I'm just in aww at the effects and never expected that I would see such results in a short period of time. My LP has subside a bit and I haven't seen any new breakouts in over a week hopefully this is the beginning of the end. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Pooja,

I too have a similar question like yours.  Could you please let me know what treatment have undergone so far and if you have any particular doctor to consult for Lichen Planus.  Please let me know the address of the doctor you consulted.

Thanks,

Vijayanand

• Posted

I have taken allergy meds..my doc also recommend steroid cream and pill..but I have not taken it...no many of my lp rashes turned brown..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.