Red Itchy Bumps on Pubic Area *PICTURE* PLUS BLEEDING

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently had red little bumps on my pubic area, I'm really hoping they are just razor burn but not sure. I am sexually active, I am on the pill, they are sometimes itchy but not always. I've also just gotten into a new relationship, he was a virgin, everytime we have sex I bleed after or during and have cramps after... Please help!! 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if the pictures uploaded so heresmile

• Posted

Hey there!

Just wanted to let you know that those bumps are totally normal! I get them too especially after I shave. Nothing to be scared of. The bleeding however is something you may want to get checked. You could be allergic to the material used to make the condom or he may be doing it so hard that he's essentially rubbing you raw. That can cause spotting especially if he's large or thick. Keep us posted!

• Posted

Hey Alicia !

Those bumps are still there and we've taken a break from sex, I'm getting seriously worried that they could be herpes. As one has developed on the inside of my "lip"

• Posted

Hi Cici,

There is nothing abnormal about the red itchy spots, it is natural if you shave the pubic area. It is just bacteria that causes the small spots. They always go after the area is left unshaved. The reason for the itching is due to your pants or inner leg is rubbing against the shaved area.

As for the bleeding, this could be a number of issues, in some cases it is normal - it doesn't mean that you have any form of STD. As AliciaMarie pointed out if you are worried then contact your GP. He/she will probably do some swabs, which is standard practice these days.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Cici,

There is nothing abnormal about the red itchy spots, it is natural if you shave the pubic area. It is just bacteria that causes the small spots. They always go after the area is left unshaved. The reason for the itching is due to your pants or inner leg is rubbing against the shaved area.

As for the bleeding, this could be a number of issues, in some cases it is normal - it doesn't mean that you have any form of STD. As AliciaMarie pointed out if you are worried then contact your GP. He/she will probably do some swabs, which is standard practice these days.

Regards,

Les.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.