Food or supplements to aid healing broken ribs

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 68 year old husband has had a serious accident and broken his ribs, the doctor said between 5 and 10 as some were broken in 2 places. What foods or supplements aid healing?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eleanore,

I took calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin c when I had a fractured spine. I also (very gently) rubbed comfry oil on. Comfry is an old remedy with its common name of "knit bone" a friend recommended it to me.

Hope this helps,

Beverley

• Posted

Thanks, will try that, I've heard of knit bone before, but forgotten about it.

• Posted

Hope it helps him. I bruised two ribs last year and that was painful so can only imagine how he feels pain wise.

B

• Posted

Ive been to the chemist and they're getting thr supplements in and checking the dont clash eith hid medication. Hopefully he's coming home tomorrow

• Posted

Hi Eleanor,

That sounds really good re the chemists. I hope he recovers well and you can both get back to normal soon. ribs are a difficult one as they don't plaster now but, they repair in time.

I hope you have family /friends that can help out a little until he's well again. Taking care of people can tire us out and with the best will in the world, we need support too. Be good to you too.

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

Look into Bromelain, Cissus and collagen. Lot of research on them on the web. Look into whether they fit your aims.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.