I get nausea/sore stomachs every day? Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help! I have had sore stomachs or nausea every day for the past nearly 3 weeks. I have always had numerous stomach problems because of my anxiety and emetophobia (fear of throwing up) but it's never been as bad as this. It's all kinds of different pain- nausea/feeling unwell, sore lower stomach, indigestion type feeling, etc. I never actually throw up or feel like I'm going to throw up though. It usually lasts about an hour, give or take. Sometimes it's made worse by eating food, sometimes better. I also have really bad constipation- sometimes all that will come out is tiny, hard bms, or sometimes just a mucous-like substance. Occasionally I will have a more normal (though still clumpy and hard) bowel movement, though very rarely diahrrea. There has been a few times where there has been blood after I wipe, or a drop of blood in the toilet after a bm, though I do not know if this is from a cut or something else. I also sometimes get very bad gas or burping. Please help! Is this irritable bowel syndrome? Anxiety? I'm very scared it's something like stomach cancer! I have had a blood tests about 6 months ago, though it came back clear, and I am not allowed to go to the doctor because my parents don't want to make it a habit to ease my emetophobia whenever I feel slightly off, but I am generally concerned about this! I just want to feel better for once!!! Thanks for any help xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I can't obviously diagnose as I am not a doctor but think you should see your gp and discuss this maybe have some sort of review of the cause of your tummy problems. It does sound like IBS symptoms. I don't think it is anything more sinister. I have had dreadful symptoms related to gi issues but related to a specific disorder. I don't have any form of cancer. I don't have anything life threatening as such. Ibs can be really painful.

Re emetophobia....there is a lot online about help for this condition. Please google it and have a look. I would ask my gp for a referral to someone who can help with that condition. Don't let anxiety rujn your life. You are young and should try to get these issues under control so you are not living under constant stress. That will make your bowel isdue worse. X

• Posted

Hi Margaret;

Thanks so much for the reply. Will see about getting it checked out by the GP; yes it can be very painful and uncomfortable sad I went to councelling for a while but stopped, so maybe if I go to the GP I will see if I can get a referral to someone who can help with emetophobia, as I'm sure you're right about it making it worse.

• Posted

Yes that level of anxiety will make you feel worse. I think that is very wise. I have just bern through a period of grief. Lost my parents quite quickly together (they were elderly so expected but still hard). I have been doing counselling to help me cope. It has bern wonderful. We all have to look after all aspects of our health. Sometimes thinking about our mental state and helping that cam actually ease physical ailments too. Xx
  • Posted

It might be IBS but you should go to the doctor for an official diagnosis and to investigate the bleeding. Ask the doctor for a fecal calprotectin stool test to look for inflammation and possibly a colonoscopy depending on the results of the stool test.  Your parents should be supporting you in this.  Unless you get a diagnosis, you will continue to feel anxious about your symptoms.  Staying away from medical help will not make your problems go away.  Only a doctor can reassure you.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa; thanks so much for your reply.

The blood thing happened only a few times, and is really not at all common for me, though still worrying. The thing is, my parents do support me, and they did take me to the doctor, where I got my blood test (which came back fine) and told me I wasn't to keep going to the doctor for reassurance, which is understandable, but frustrating in this situation. I will see what I can do in terms of getting an appointment with a GP.

• Posted

I had to go eight times to the doctor because no one knew what was wrong with me because all my tests were negative.  I did find it a little embarrassing snd apologised to the doctor for my numerous visits, but they didn't mind. It turned out I had IBS.  

Sometimes constipation can cause fissures or haemorrhoids which can result in bleeding.  By doing a simple examination the doctor should be able to detect haemorroids.

• Posted

if you are very constipated then this will cause cramps/nausea etc. try increasing the amount of water you drink and a stool softener or gentle laxitive. you may find once you are going regularly a lot of the issues go away.

p.s - the small bit of blood will probably be piles from straining to go or from solid bm's causing small tears to the anus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.