Small Lump on back of left testicle.

Posted , 2 users are following.

A few months ago in the shower I noticed a small lump on the back of my left testicle. I am unsure whether it has gotten any larger, if so, it is probably between the size of a grain of sand and a grain on rice.

I am seeing my regular GP on Friday about another issue and am wondering if I should ask him to take a look at it. I'm kind off shy with these sort of things any suggestions on how I can raise this with him?! Also what is the procedure for this exam. I'm worried that I might get erect and any suggestions to prevent this happening. I'm 34 years old.

I read something about appendix in the testicle, but am unsure if that is what it could be.

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michael,

Yes, definately ask about it. Don't put it off, if you've got any worries about it they'll only get worse (I put it off for over a year and that's exactly what happened).

It's a simple examination, don't worry about anything that might happen the doc has seen it all before. If they're in any doubt they will send you for an ultrasound, again this is painless and pretty quick.

Don't worry about being shy, or anything happening in the examination, you'll go into your own little bubble and it'll be fine.

Take a deep breath and tell him there's this lump you're worried about and it'll be over before you know it.

I can't imagine anyone being more nervous than I was, but as soon as you get one word out the rest just follow.

No idea what your surgery is like, but remember you only have a 10 minute slot so don't put it off them run out of time in the appointment.

Best of luck

• Posted

No worries, best of luck friday.

I'm no doctor but if there's anything I could help you with just ask. I could have done with a stranger to ask a few things to, lol

• Posted

Aaaargh! Dr said he ran out of time before I could bring it up. Had just worked up to it also. Said I can make another appointment, but I'm moving in two weeks time so might have to wait to see a new dr after the New Year. Damn.

• Posted

Most doctors don't know how to deal with hormone problems. Only endocrinologists deal with hormone problems.

I dont know why your testes would have shrunk unless you had mumps. My testes are atrophied due to my having 47 chromosomes, so they are the size of hazel nuts.

Hormones come in a vary of types. ln my case, the injections are cheaper than gels. The testosterone patches, I am allergic to the glue. In some places in the UK, you can get pellets. I don't know if you can get them in the US at this time.

Without hormones , my testosterone level is 34, below normal. I get injections because I don't want to get osteopenia. or osteoporosis. Very low testosterone levels can result in one or both medical issues. Usually after 12 days, my hormone levels are at 327.at a low end. I get injections every 3 weeks. Some men get the injections every 2 weeks, it just depends on your needs. Low testosterone can cause depression.

Since I live in a high altitude area in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado in the US, I have to watch my hematocrit levels because if they are too high, I can get heart problems per the Endocrine Society that is recognized worldwide. They don't know why hematocrit levels rise in high altitude areas. If you don't live in a high altitude area, you should not worry about your hematocrit levels. But they should be checked once you are testosterone replacement therapy.

Neuropathy. Sometimes occurs with people with diabetes. That medical problem should be checked with your doctor. I have diabetes, type 2 and I have it in my hands and in my legs, it is tingling and numbness in those areas.

I hope I have given you some information that will help you when you go to a doctor regarding your health problems. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.