Can a abscesses tooth be pulled?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on cyclamacin for 10 days, still have pain radiating around tooth #30 a molar. Pain is in ear and cheek.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

A couple of months ago I had an abscess under a tooth over a weekend and even the emergency dentist could not see me so on the Monday with the left side of my face very swollen up I went to my dentist she x rayed it gave me antibiotics then told me to come back 2 days later and she took it out such a relief !

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I developed a massive abcess while suffering with osteonecrosis ofvthe jaw bone...the oral and maxiofacial surgeon immediately pull all of my teeth on the right side from the mandible, lower jawbone.

I was prescribed both oral antibiotics and infused antibiotics. In his words, to have left the teeth in would have risked sepsis...but remember, my infection was not in just a single tooth.

Several years later, I again developed a tooth infection...this time the tooth was drilled, antibiotics were placed into the hole, the hole was temporarily filled, I took oral antibiotics for ten days...and returned to have the packing removed and the tooth permanently filled.

All is now quite ducky!

kind regards

judith

• Posted

I think so If it's severe enough,the infection is probably gone and now it's nerve pain causing you so much discomfort..I'm having both pressure / deep ache in jaw pain AND nerve pain at the same time now..The antibiotic I took brought the pocket of infection and swelling down for about 6 days ,but now,after being finished with antibiotic for 6 days ,the golf ball sized knot is back along with CONSTANT jaw pain and pressure AND the sharp ,stabbing , zingy nerve pain ...I've OD'd on ibuprofen but it's all I have and I HAVE to take it BC I can't function while in this constant excruciating pain...Hanging my head upside down helps very briefly ,I think BC it relieves alot of that pressure causing such intensity..Hope u got yourself fixed up..I'd like to hear an update from u if u can ...best wishes !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.