Arthroscopic knee surgery 2 weeks ago question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Post op 2 weeks, had to walk with walker straight out of surgery because of torn shoulders. 46 had mutiple tears lateral & medial the one side was torn totally up and down, the other not as bad. Advised I need a knee replacement Maybe if lucky I have 5 years. Pretty much bone on bone doo he also trimmed and shaved and felt I would def be happy. I can take allot and he guild more 6 weeks out. I work in hospice sitting allot and went back in 5 days. I drove in 5 days. However, I have no strength in standing and still have allot of pain. My endurance is short lived. I'm still using ice because the swelling was just gross. I've been doing the exercises but again I'm still pained allot. I know it takes time but can anyone concur with Me here ...the inside of my knee is the area that pains me the most. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It takes a few months to heal. For real. You need to keep taking your pain meds and icing and elevating. You're doing to much. Have you been to PT? I had to keep using my crutches when the pain got bad and not bear weight. You should be resting and recovering. I hope you feel better.

• Posted

I had arthroscopic surgeey to my knees and im early 40s. I felt pain too and thought it would never go away and that my leg was going to be weak. I found hope at the four month period where the pain became weaker and weaker. There were a few days that I even forgot I had an injury which was psychological freedom. You too will get there. I have been eating lots of salmon after I do my cross trainer to build my muscles and ice if need be. Also looking into buying some Willow bark and bosweilla. I eat a cube if turmeric each morning and try to keep my pH level around 7.3. I hope this helps and you will get better. Our bodys are designed to regenerate cells. Good luck in that.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice! I've just started to forget about it most days! Although I was kneeling on the floor wrapping presents and later that day it started to hurt. No pain when kneeling so I have full motion. I'm just afraid if I do too much it will hurt later on. Did you find yourself afraid to do things that might aggravate it? I'm kind of a baby! But I've been dealing with this since June. Ugh. God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.